- Table View
- List View
Thirteen contributions review the major screening and assessment instruments for treating alcohol, nicotine, cocaine, amphetamine, opioid, cannabis, club drug, gambling, and sex dependence. Intended for use in conjunction with Relapse prevention: maintenance strategies in the treatment of addictive behaviors, 2nd ed., the second edition adds a chapter on cultural sensitivity when working with different ethnic populations. Annotation ©2005 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Grounded in research and illustrated with clinical vignettes, these papers demonstrate various ways to help people maintain abstinence or harm reduction treatment goals and to handle setbacks. They review such therapeutic techniques as cognitive restructuring, imagery, relapse rehearsal, and mindfulness meditation. This second edition features new coverage of stimulants, opiates, cannabis, "club drugs," gambling, and sexually risky behaviors. A new chapters addresses ethnocultural issues in relapse prevention. Annotation ©2005 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
A widely adopted practitioner resource and course text, this book shows how to apply knowledge about behavior change in general--and the stages-of-change model in particular--to make substance abuse treatment more effective. The authors are leaders in the field who describe ways to tailor interventions for clients with varying levels of motivation or readiness to change. They draw on cutting-edge theory and research to explain what works (and what doesn't work) at different stages of change. Rich clinical examples illustrate the "whats," "whys," and "how-tos" of using the stages-of-change model to inform treatment planning and intervention for individuals, groups, couples, and families. New to This Edition *Reflects the ongoing development of the stages-of-change model and research advances over the past decade. *Chapter on stage-based brief interventions in health care, social service, and community settings. *Group treatment chapter has been significantly revised. *Expanded coverage of the change processes relevant to each stage.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.