- Table View
- List View
Thirteen contributions review the major screening and assessment instruments for treating alcohol, nicotine, cocaine, amphetamine, opioid, cannabis, club drug, gambling, and sex dependence. Intended for use in conjunction with Relapse prevention: maintenance strategies in the treatment of addictive behaviors, 2nd ed., the second edition adds a chapter on cultural sensitivity when working with different ethnic populations. Annotation ©2005 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Grounded in research and illustrated with clinical vignettes, these papers demonstrate various ways to help people maintain abstinence or harm reduction treatment goals and to handle setbacks. They review such therapeutic techniques as cognitive restructuring, imagery, relapse rehearsal, and mindfulness meditation. This second edition features new coverage of stimulants, opiates, cannabis, "club drugs," gambling, and sexually risky behaviors. A new chapters addresses ethnocultural issues in relapse prevention. Annotation ©2005 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
A widely adopted practitioner resource and course text, this book shows how to apply knowledge about behavior change in general--and the stages-of-change model in particular--to make substance abuse treatment more effective. The authors are leaders in the field who describe ways to tailor interventions for clients with varying levels of motivation or readiness to change. They draw on cutting-edge theory and research to explain what works (and what doesn't work) at different stages of change. Rich clinical examples illustrate the "whats," "whys," and "how-tos" of using the stages-of-change model to inform treatment planning and intervention for individuals, groups, couples, and families. New to This Edition *Reflects the ongoing development of the stages-of-change model and research advances over the past decade. *Chapter on stage-based brief interventions in health care, social service, and community settings. *Group treatment chapter has been significantly revised. *Expanded coverage of the change processes relevant to each stage.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.