- Table View
- List View
More than ever, there is a need for trust in the workplace. After all, business is conducted via relationships, and trust is the foundation to effective relationships. Yet, trust means different things to different people and this is a big part of the problem. Collectively drawing on thirty years of research and experience with organizations around the world, Dennis and Michelle Reina put people on the same page. The Reinas provide a simple and comprehensive approach that works! Their approach outlines a common language to discuss trust constructively, identifies specific behaviors that build and break trust, and it describes steps for rebuilding trust and sustaining it over time, even during periods of change. Trust takes time to develop; it is easy to lose and hard to regain. It is a fragile yet indispensable element in any relationship. Betrayal, or the loss of trust, is the focus of countless fiscal scandals, all of which ultimately resulted from a lapse in trust. However, it is not just these major lapses of integrity that break trust. Trust is broken in subtle ways every day in every workplace. As a result, countless numbers of people in the workplace today are in pain, and many organizations are hurting. After years of constant change--downsizing, restructuring, or of mergers and acquisition--trust among people in organization is at an all-time low. We have all felt the pain of a breach of trust or even a betrayal during the course of our working careers. Unmet expectations, disappointments, broken trust, and betrayals aren't restricted to big events like restructurings and downsizings. They crop up every day on the job. The Reina's show us the shape and form betrayal takes, its impact on relationships and performance, and most importantly what we can do to rebuild trust. Trust & Betrayal in the Workplace helps us see the natural role trust and betrayal plays in our lives, how we can rebuild trust and transform workplace relationships. It provides new examples, highly practical tips, tools, and exercises to help readers create work environments where trust grows, where people feel good about what they do, where relationships are energized, and productivity and profits accelerate.
Trust and Betrayal in the Workplace: Building Effective Relationships in Your Organization (2nd edition)by Dennis S. Reina Michelle L. Reina
This book describes the ways that trust in the workplace can enhance worker productivity and increase employees' willingness to take risks, share information, and learn from mistakes. It argues that without trust, contemporary organizations will be unable to take the risks necessary to succeed in the rapidly changing environments of the new global economy. The Reinas both hold PhDs in human and organizational development and work for an organization development research and consulting firm. Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.