- Table View
- List View
America's love affair with Chinese food dates back more than a century. Today, such dishes as General Tso's Chicken, Sweet and Sour Pork, and Egg Rolls are as common as hamburgers and spaghetti. Probably at this moment, a drawer in your kitchen is stuffed with Chinese takeout menus, soy sauce packets, and wooden chopsticks, right? But what if you didn't have to eat your favorites out of a container? In The Chinese Takeout Cookbook, Chinese food blogger and cooking instructor Diana Kuan brings Chinatown to your home with this amazing collection of more than eighty popular Chinese takeout recipes--appetizers, main courses, noodle and rice dishes, and desserts--all easy-to-prepare and MSG-free. Plus you'll discover how to * stock your pantry with ingredients you can find at your local supermarket * season and master a wok for all your Chinese cooking needs * prepare the flavor trifecta of Chinese cuisine--ginger, garlic, and scallions * wrap egg rolls, dumplings, and wontons like a pro * steam fish to perfection every time * create vegetarian variations that will please everyone's palate * whip up delectable sweet treats in time for the Chinese New Year The Chinese Takeout Cookbook also features mouthwatering color photos throughout as well as sidebars that highlight helpful notes, including how to freeze and recook dumplings; cooking tidbits, such as how to kick up your dish with a bit of heat; and the history behind some of your favorite comfort foods, including the curious New York invention of the pastrami egg roll and the influence of Tiki culture on Chinese cuisine. So, put down that takeout menu, grab the wok, and let's get cooking!Here for the first time--in one fun, easy, and tasty collection--are more than 80 favorite Chinese restaurant dishes to make right in your own kitchen: * Cold Sesame Noodles * Kung Pao Chicken * Classic Barbecue Spareribs * Beef Chow Fun * Homemade Chili Oil * Hot and Sour Soup * Chinatown Roast Duck * Moo Shu Pork * Dry-Fried String Beans * Black Sesame Ice Cream * And of course, perfectly fried Pork and Shrimp Egg Rolls!"Diana Kuan chronicles America's love affair with Chinese food. The Chinese Takeout Cookbook is the perfect reason to throw out those menus cluttering your kitchen drawers!"--Patricia Tanumihardja, author of The Asian Grandmothers CookbookFrom the Hardcover edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.