- Table View
- List View
America's love affair with Chinese food dates back more than a century. Today, such dishes as General Tso's Chicken, Sweet and Sour Pork, and Egg Rolls are as common as hamburgers and spaghetti. Probably at this moment, a drawer in your kitchen is stuffed with Chinese takeout menus, soy sauce packets, and wooden chopsticks, right? But what if you didn't have to eat your favorites out of a container? In The Chinese Takeout Cookbook, Chinese food blogger and cooking instructor Diana Kuan brings Chinatown to your home with this amazing collection of more than eighty popular Chinese takeout recipes--appetizers, main courses, noodle and rice dishes, and desserts--all easy-to-prepare and MSG-free. Plus you'll discover how to * stock your pantry with ingredients you can find at your local supermarket * season and master a wok for all your Chinese cooking needs * prepare the flavor trifecta of Chinese cuisine--ginger, garlic, and scallions * wrap egg rolls, dumplings, and wontons like a pro * steam fish to perfection every time * create vegetarian variations that will please everyone's palate * whip up delectable sweet treats in time for the Chinese New Year The Chinese Takeout Cookbook also features mouthwatering color photos throughout as well as sidebars that highlight helpful notes, including how to freeze and recook dumplings; cooking tidbits, such as how to kick up your dish with a bit of heat; and the history behind some of your favorite comfort foods, including the curious New York invention of the pastrami egg roll and the influence of Tiki culture on Chinese cuisine. So, put down that takeout menu, grab the wok, and let's get cooking!Here for the first time--in one fun, easy, and tasty collection--are more than 80 favorite Chinese restaurant dishes to make right in your own kitchen: * Cold Sesame Noodles * Kung Pao Chicken * Classic Barbecue Spareribs * Beef Chow Fun * Homemade Chili Oil * Hot and Sour Soup * Chinatown Roast Duck * Moo Shu Pork * Dry-Fried String Beans * Black Sesame Ice Cream * And of course, perfectly fried Pork and Shrimp Egg Rolls!"Diana Kuan chronicles America's love affair with Chinese food. The Chinese Takeout Cookbook is the perfect reason to throw out those menus cluttering your kitchen drawers!"--Patricia Tanumihardja, author of The Asian Grandmothers CookbookFrom the Hardcover edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.