- Table View
- List View
The Most Difficult Challenge "They were all that remained of an ancient and mighty nation that had once held sway over an entire world: a nation that was now convulsing in its final death throes. It was too late to rescue his stolen priestess or the millions of worshippers that had once led in the service of the great mother and her horned consort. "Still, he had to make the attempt." Alan Kolkey is a man of many talents who has been chosen by the Goddess to battle Kali: a massively destructive comet on a straight course to Earth! Using his high intelligence, ESP and PK powers, Alan comes to the aid of Earth and Her people, all the while being reluctantly drawn into a world hero role. Seeking solace in his science/space station one afternoon, Alan meets the woman of his dreams in a climactic out-of-body experience that changes his life forever. As Alan becomes obsessed with his new love, insanity begins to encroach upon the inner recesses of his mind: he cannot have her because his PK powers could kill her in one moment of ecstacy! The primordial bond between Alan and his love interest is rooted in past life experiences and karmie lessons whose time for reconciliation is up. As Alan struggles in his achingly lonely life, he faces the losses that come from change, and meets-for the first time in his life-the mundane challenges of sex, love, trust and friendship. "A clever blending of modern technology and traditional myths from around the world, the reader is brought face-to-face with the mystery of the Earth Mother and Her need to survive. As Alan Kolkey learns to control his own fits of ESP, the reader learns to acknowledge those same depths within themselves. "
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.