- Table View
- List View
The Most Difficult Challenge "They were all that remained of an ancient and mighty nation that had once held sway over an entire world: a nation that was now convulsing in its final death throes. It was too late to rescue his stolen priestess or the millions of worshippers that had once led in the service of the great mother and her horned consort. "Still, he had to make the attempt." Alan Kolkey is a man of many talents who has been chosen by the Goddess to battle Kali: a massively destructive comet on a straight course to Earth! Using his high intelligence, ESP and PK powers, Alan comes to the aid of Earth and Her people, all the while being reluctantly drawn into a world hero role. Seeking solace in his science/space station one afternoon, Alan meets the woman of his dreams in a climactic out-of-body experience that changes his life forever. As Alan becomes obsessed with his new love, insanity begins to encroach upon the inner recesses of his mind: he cannot have her because his PK powers could kill her in one moment of ecstacy! The primordial bond between Alan and his love interest is rooted in past life experiences and karmie lessons whose time for reconciliation is up. As Alan struggles in his achingly lonely life, he faces the losses that come from change, and meets-for the first time in his life-the mundane challenges of sex, love, trust and friendship. "A clever blending of modern technology and traditional myths from around the world, the reader is brought face-to-face with the mystery of the Earth Mother and Her need to survive. As Alan Kolkey learns to control his own fits of ESP, the reader learns to acknowledge those same depths within themselves. "
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.