- Table View
- List View
Geography is a field of study that tries to make sense of the world around us. It helps us understand how people, places, and environments came to be and how they affect each other. When geographers look at something on Earth, they ask questions. Where is it? Why is it there? How did it get there? How does it affect the people living there? How does it affect the natural environment in this area? That "something" could be as ordinary as a nearby factory. Or it could be as extraordinary as a distant, fire-belching volcano. To answer such questions, geographers look at the world in spatial terms
History Alive! The United States Through Industrialism is probably unlike any other history program you have ever encountered. Perhaps you have been in history classes where you listen to the teacher and then read a textbook and answer chapter questions. Does this approach make you excited about learning history? Most students would say no, and educational researchers would tend to agree. Researchers have discovered new ways of reaching all students in the diverse classroom. This program relies on three of their theories.
This book on Medieval and Early Modern Times contains topics on Rome and Byzantium, Islamic Civilization, Civilizations in Sub-Saharan Africa, Civilizations in the Americas, Civilizations in East Asia, Europe in the Middle Ages and Early Modern Europe.
World history is the story of many lands and peoples. It is an exciting story filled with remarkable men and women, amazing discoveries, and great adventures. It is also often a tragic story of war, hunger, and human suffering.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.