- Table View
- List View
SELDI is distinct from other TOF-MS technologies in that it couples features of chromatography and mass spectrometry, facilitating analyte enrichment and sample cleanup on an array surface. In the growing field of proteomics, SELDI technology has been widely used for biomarker discovery and characterization in diverse applications including diagnostics, drug development, and basic research. SELDI-based biomarker studies can typically be divided into four phases: discovery, validation, purification and identification, and assay development. SELDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry: Methods and Protocols provides an overview of the current applications of SELDI-TOF MS (surface enhanced laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry), with an emphasis on study and experimental design, data analysis and interpretation, and assay development. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters contain introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and accessible, SELDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry: Methods and Protocols will provide information on optimizing study design, experimental protocols, and data analysis and interpretation to yield robust biomarkers and biomarker assays, using examples from different disease areas.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.