The subtitle says it all. One of the biggest challenges for the good home cook is creating delicious, healthy meals using just a few ingredients and simple steps. And good cooks know that Diane Worthington is an expert at finding the one strong flavor component that will turn a ho-hum dish into something memorable--without spending the whole day in the kitchen. In Seriously Simple: Easy Recipes for Creative Cooks she does it again. Here are over 90 recipes for everything from Butternut Squash Soup with Chipotle Creme to Lemon-Lime Pound-cake that come together in a snap. Gorgeously photographed, Seriously Simple is full of practical tips for saving time without sparing the savor, such as advice on developing a busy cooks pantry, making one-pot meals, and creating sauces, rubs, and marinades that will spice up any dish in a flash. Guaranteed to cut down on the prep time, streamline techniques, and pump up the flavor, heres a new kitchen standby thats seriously fast, seriously delicious... Seriously Simple.
From the author of Seriously Simple comes another collection of enticing recipes and useful tips that will help make throwing a party just as much fun as attending one. Using straightforward ingredients, minimized prep time, and streamlined cooking techniques, hosts can serve festive meals with ease. Sample menus--organized seasonally for a variety of groups and occasions--and mix-and-match recipes for every course allow cooks of every skill level to make merry year-round. With great advice on everything from stocking a party pantry to setting an elegant table, plus vivid photos that will entice party planners into the kitchen, this book gives everyone a reason to celebrate.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.