- Table View
- List View
This book supports trainee teachers working towards primary QTS in teaching primary mathematics across all areas of the curriculum. This second edition is linked to the 2012 Teachers' Standards. Focused on teaching a more integrated and inclusive curriculum, the text draws out meaningful cross curricular links and embraces the latest thinking and current good practice in mathematics teaching. It begins with a section on teaching mathematics, covering all strands of the curriculum, and goes on to offer guidance on the use and application of mathematics more generally across subjects. A chapter on using mathematics to enahnce learning highlights the importance of being able to use mathematics effectively in other aspects of the teacher's role. Interactive activities and case studies link theory to practice and encourage the reader to rethink how mathematics is taught in primary schools. About the Transforming Primary QTS series This series reflects the new creative way schools are begining to teach, taking a fresh approach to supporting trainees as they work towards primary QTS. Titles provide fully up to date resources focused on teaching a more integrated and inclusive curriculum, and texts draw out meaningful and explicit cross curricular links.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.