- Table View
- List View
Copublished by America's foremost career books publisher and the Public Library Association, the acclaimed Guide to Internet Job Searching helps you harness the power of the Internet to aid in your job search. The Internet has revolutionized the way people look for career opportunities, and with this guide, you, too, can efficiently and successfully explore the Web to find the right job for you. This bestselling guide shows you how to target the most interesting jobs in the most promising companies and apply for those jobs with confidence-online or on paper. And it will steer you away from electronic "dead ends" such as unproductive searches that turn up thousands of near misses. Whether you are a complete beginner or an online expert, you'll find invaluable advice inside to make your Internet job search streamlined, efficient, and effective-from logging on to landing the perfect job. Margaret Riley Dikel, author of The Riley Guide (rileyguide.com), is a private consultant specializing in the use of the Internet for employment and career information. She is an internationally recognized authority in this field, having worked for many prominent governmental agencies and public and private corporations. Frances E, Roehm is the SkokieNet librarian at the Skokie (Illinois) Public Library where she specializes in building the village's community online. She is also the webmaster for ChicagoJobs.org, a regional resource for Chicagoland job hunters and career changers, and assists individuals in using the Internet to find a job. She currently chairs the PLA Job and Career Information Services committee.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.