- Table View
- List View
Copublished by America's foremost career books publisher and the Public Library Association, the acclaimed Guide to Internet Job Searching helps you harness the power of the Internet to aid in your job search. The Internet has revolutionized the way people look for career opportunities, and with this guide, you, too, can efficiently and successfully explore the Web to find the right job for you. This bestselling guide shows you how to target the most interesting jobs in the most promising companies and apply for those jobs with confidence-online or on paper. And it will steer you away from electronic "dead ends" such as unproductive searches that turn up thousands of near misses. Whether you are a complete beginner or an online expert, you'll find invaluable advice inside to make your Internet job search streamlined, efficient, and effective-from logging on to landing the perfect job. Margaret Riley Dikel, author of The Riley Guide (rileyguide.com), is a private consultant specializing in the use of the Internet for employment and career information. She is an internationally recognized authority in this field, having worked for many prominent governmental agencies and public and private corporations. Frances E, Roehm is the SkokieNet librarian at the Skokie (Illinois) Public Library where she specializes in building the village's community online. She is also the webmaster for ChicagoJobs.org, a regional resource for Chicagoland job hunters and career changers, and assists individuals in using the Internet to find a job. She currently chairs the PLA Job and Career Information Services committee.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.