- Table View
- List View
Twenty-five years ago Olivia Sealy was kidnapped for ransom. Today she has no memory of the terrible event, yet an uneasy feeling still haunts her-a fear that is realized when an infant' s skeleton is found and a connection is made to Olivia' s past. As news of the discovery makes headlines, Olivia and the people close to her suddenly become targets for a murderer bent on revenge. Still stunned by the revelation and its implications, Olivia puts her trust in Trey Bonney, the detective assigned to the case. But neither counts on a madman who may hold the answer to the twenty-five-year-old mystery-a secret someone hoped was buried for good.
In a place as haunting as it is beautiful, anything can happen...Laurel Scanlon has the gift of sight, an ability passed down to the eldest daughter of each generation. It is this gift-or curse, perhaps-that drove her own mother mad and has left Laurel unwilling to trust in love...except in her dreams.Anxious for a new beginning, she decides to retreat to Mimosa Grove, an old estate outside Bayou Jean, Louisiana. Mimosa Grove belongs to Laurel now, bequeathed by her maternal grandmother. Laurel feels the history and tragedy here, and amidst primeval beauty she senses something...unfinished. Folks here know about her grandmother' s gift and treat Laurel with the same reverence-especially when she is able to help the police find a missing girl. It is then that she sees Justin Bouvier--stranger, soul mate, the man who haunts her dreams. But there is danger here in Mimosa Grove, not from the restless past, but from the deadly present. Laurel must be willing to trust her gift, her love for Justin and, most of all, herself, to stop tragedy and history from repeating themselves.
There's no place to hide from the truth....CIA agent Jonah Slade is back from deadly undercover work in the jungles of South America, battered, bloodied, but successful in putting a notorious drug czar behind bars. But, he discovers, the war has just begun.He learns the woman he loved and lost years ago has been killed in cold blood, her fifteen-year-old son kidnapped. Her sister, Macie Blaine, turns to Jonah for help, and gives him no chance to refuse when she tells him the boy is his son.Stunned and enraged by the discovery, Jonah wants to lash out. Until he makes the connection between the kidnapping and the drug lord, who is solely focused on avenging the death of his own son-the man Jonah killed. It's come down to a battle as old as time itself. An eye for an eye. A son for a son.Yet for Jonah, it's also much more than that. He knows what he is, a hardened and cynical man. But he also knows what he wants. Everything he's been denied: his son-and Macie Blaine's love.
Ginny Shapiro stares at the photograph of seven smiling schoolgirls from the exclusive Montgomery Academy. Six of them are dead. She is the only one still alive. The phone rings. Ginny gets in her car and speeds away. Anywhere. Fast. FBI Agent Sullivan Dean has the photo, too -- as well as information that came too late to save the others. Tracking Ginny down to an isolated cabin in Mississippi, he's hell-bent on stopping her from becoming the final victim. What happened to those girls twenty years ago? The answer is locked deep in Ginny's memory; the key is somewhere in the dangerous world of mind control, where a sound, a word, a voice, can trigger death. For Ginny and Scully, the world is closing in -- and passion between them is exploding. But time is running out, and death is within arms reach ... everytime the phone rings.
When a passenger plane goes down in the Appalachians, rescue teams start looking for survivors and discover that a five-year-old boy and a woman are missing. Twenty miles from the crash site, Deborah Sanborn has a vision of two survivors, cold, hurting and scared. Over the years she has learned to trust her gift, and she senses these strangers are in terrible danger. She sees a hunter, moving in for the kill.Four generations of O'Ryan men have gathered at the crash site, ready to search for the missing boy, Johnny O'Ryan. His forty-five-year-old grandfather Mike O'Ryan isn't sure what to make of Deborah, but with the snow coming down, sh's all they've got to lead them through the mountains. Because not only are they racing against time and the elements...they're up against a killer desperate to silence his only living witnesses to murder.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.