Groundbreaking, comprehensive, and developed by a panel of leading international experts in the field, Textbook of Tinnitus provides a multidisciplinary overview of the diagnosis and management of this widespread and troubling disorder. Importantly, the book emphasizes that tinnitus is not one disease but a group of rather diverse disorders with different pathophysiology, different causes and, consequently, different treatments. This comprehensive title is written for clinicians and researchers by clinicians and researchers who are active in the field. It is logically organized in six sections and will be of interest to otolaryngologists, neurologists, psychiatrists, neurosurgeons, primary care clinicians, audiologists and psychologists. Textbook of Tinnitus describes both the theoretical background of the different forms of tinnitus and it provides detailed knowledge of the state-of-the-art of its treatment. Because of its organization and its extensive subject index, Textbook of Tinnitus can also serve as a reference for clinicians who do not treat tinnitus patients routinely.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.