"I hold fast to God's Word daily. My life depends on it, and yours does too." -- Dodie Osteen In this inspiring daily devotional, Choosing Life -- One Day at a Time, Dodie Osteen shares her personal spiritual insights -- blending Scriptures with godly exhortations and effective prayers -- to exhort, comfort, and edify both men and women. Her personal reflections from the Word of God will help bring healing, restoration, and godly encouragement to you and your loved ones so that you can choose an abundant life all year long. Throughout her book, Dodie endeavors to strengthen your faith as she imparts powerful truths she has learned in her personal relationship with God. Her book will help you see God as your Savior, Healer, Deliverer, and Blesser, as you choose life . . . one day at a time. A wide variety of weekly topics include: Fellowship with God Keys to Living in Victory The Power of God's Word Sharing Jesus with the World And so much more!
This is the story about how God healed Dodie Osteen of cancer. She is the mother of the television Christian pastor, Joel Osteen and wife of the late Pastor John Osteen. She shares her faith in God's Word as she courageously deals with her deadly diagnosis. Her story is medically documented and encourages others to trust God when facing insurmountable odds.
Dodie Osteen, mother of Joel Osteen, gives readers a personal account of her extraordinary life and shares what she has learned about love, faith, and family. As the wife of forty-four years to the late Pastor John Osteen, founder of Lakewood Church, Dodie Osteen stood as a wife, mother, and first lady of the church, even when life felt anything but steady. Today, she continues to stand by her son, Pastor Joel Osteen, and the rest of their family as they lead Lakewood. In this revealing memoir, Dodie shares that her path, though glorious, has not always been easy. She shows an intimate look at such life-altering experiences as contracting polio as a child, raising 5 children, battling cancer, and losing her husband, all with the beautiful heart and sense of humor she displays to thousands at Lakewood and nationwide at Night of Hope events. While recounting her journey, Dodie offers readers meaningful life lessons applicable to their own lives.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.