- Table View
- List View
This must-read text presents the pioneering work of the late Professor Jacob (Jack) T. Schwartz on computational logic and set theory and its application to proof verification techniques, culminating in the ÆtnaNova system, a prototype computer program designed to verify the correctness of mathematical proofs presented in the language of set theory. Topics and features: describes in depth how a specific first-order theory can be exploited to model and carry out reasoning in branches of computer science and mathematics; presents an unique system for automated proof verification in large-scale software systems; integrates important proof-engineering issues, reflecting the goals of large-scale verifiers; includes an appendix showing formalized proofs of ordinals, of various properties of the transitive closure operation, of finite and transfinite induction principles, and of Zorn's lemma.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.