Near-field communication (NFC) enables the exchange of information between close devices. The antenna is the indispensable element to transform an electronic device into an NFC system. For both theory and practice, this book presents in detail the design technologies of different antennas. They must meet the NFC ISO 18 092 and 21 481 standards as well as specifications by the NFC Forum for industrial applications, by EMVCo for banking applications and payments, and by CEN for public transport. In a particularly pedagogic way, Antenna Designs for NFC Devices enables designers of communicating object systems and the Internet of Things (IoT) to have access to the mysteries of the design of NFC antennas.
Near field communication (NFC) can appear to be a simple intuitive technology for exchanging data between close devices. In reality, these contactless structures that combine components and antennas must respect important and specific working constraints. Illustrated by a number of detailed technological examples, this book discusses the multiple normative (ISO, CEN, NFC Forum, EMVCo, etc.) and regulatory (ERC, FCC, ETSI, radiofrequency, private and ecological pollution, etc.) constraints, as well as the applied, typological, functional, structural, environmental or interoperability constraints that a NFC device might face. Design Constraints for NFC Devices also presents techniques that enable us to free ourselves from the technological constraints of current NFC operations encountered in banking, public transport, administration, automotive, industrial, communicating object and Internet of Things applications
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.