- Table View
- List View
Featuring the top ten stories of 1985 including: What Makes Us Human by Stephen Donaldson, The Picture Man by John Dalmas, Cash Crop by Connie Willis, We Remember Babylon by Ian Watson, Press Enter by John Varley, Salvador by Lucius Shepard, The Aliens Who Knew, I Mean Everything by George Alec Effinger, Bloodchild by Octavia E. Butler, The Coming of the Goonga by Gary W. Shockley, and Medra by Tanith Lee.
This is an anthology of science fiction and fantasy stories selected by Donald A. Wollheim as best of the year 1986, including: Earthgate by J. Brian Clarke, On the Dream Channel Panel by Ian Watson, The Gods of Mars by Gardner Dozios, Jack Dann and Michael Swanwick, The Jaguar Hunter by Lucius Shepard, Sailing to Byzantium by Robert Silverberg, Webrider by Jayge Carr, With Virgil Oddum at the East Pole Harlan Ellison, The Curse of Kings, Connie Willis, Fermi and Frost by Frederik Pohl, Pots by C. J. Cherryh
This is an anthology of science fiction stories written in 1987, selected by the noted editor Donald Wollheim and includes: Permafrost by Roger Zelazny, Timerider by Doris Egan, Pretty Boy Crossover by Pat Cadigan, R&R by Lucius Shepard, Lo, How an Oak E'er Blooming by Suzette Haden Elgin, Dream in a Bottle by Jerry Meredith and D. E. Smirl, Into Gold by Tanith Lee, The Lions Are Asleep This Night by Howard Waldrop, Against Babylon by Robert Silverberg, and Strangers on Paradise by Damon Knight
An anthology of science fiction stories selected by the editors of DAW books as being the best of 1988 including The Pardoner's Tale by Robert Silverberg, Rachel in Love by Pat Murphy, America by Orson Scott Card, Crying in the Rain by Tanith Lee, The Sun Spider by Lucius Shepard, Angel by Pat Cadigan, Forever Yours, Anna by Kate Wilhelm, Second Going by James Tiptree, Jr., Dinosaurs by Walter Jon Williams, and All Fall Down by Don Sakers.
From an alien contact humans would never know they'd made, to one woman's infinite existences in an infinity of alternate worlds, to a future where society's rebels live precariously on the sides of towering skyscrapers--welcome to the day after tomorrow in this twenty-fourth annual collection of the most innovative and well-written future visions of the year.
This book is an anthology of 14 science fiction short stories from Europe, including France, Holland, Italy, Norway, Germany, Belgium, Sweden, Spain and Denmark, translated to English. This book includes Party Line by Gerard Klein (France), Pairpuppets by Manuel Van Loggrem (Holland), The Scythe by Sandro Sandrelli (Itally), A Whiter Shade of Pale by Jon Bing (Norway), Paradise 3000 by Herbert W. Franke (Germany), My Eyes, They Burn! by Eddy G. Bertin (Belgium), A Problem in Bionics by Pierre Barbet (France), The King and the Dollmaker by Wolfgang Jeschke (Germany), Codemus by Tor Age Bringsvaerd (Norway), Rainy Day Revolution No. 39 by Luigi Cossi (Italy), Nobody Here But Us Shadows by Sam J. Lundwall (Sweden), Round and Round and Round Again by Domingo Santos (Spain), Planet for Sale by Niels E. Nielson (Denmark), and Ysolde by Nathalie-Charles Hennesberg (France).
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.