- Table View
- List View
Basic Math Skills includes many of the math skills that you will need now and later in life.
Basic Math Skills is a great book for one to improve on basic mathematical concepts.
This easy-to-read, richly illustrated textbook, especially useful for students who require extra attention or need additional assistance, offers a comprehensive, systematic overview of key scientific concepts. Fundamental concepts are presented in easily manageable segments.
Welcome to Life Skills Math. This book includes many of the math skills that you will need now and later in life. Why do you need these skills? Think about the world of mathematics around you. When you buy something, you use math to count money. When you measure something, you use numbers to calculate units of measurement. Most jobs require at least some sort of math. You will use the basic math skills in this book almost every day of your life at home, at school, and on the job.
Have you ever wondered how a camera or a computer works? Do you listen to music on the radio or a boom box? Do you know how the sound is produced by these machines? Have you ever noticed that your body seems to weigh less in water? Do you know why? All of these questions--and many more--can be answered by studying physical science.
This book covers the area of physical science. It also focuses on science skills that scientists use. These skills include asking questions, making predictions, designing experiments or procedures, collecting and organizing information, calculating data, making decisions, drawing conclusions, and exploring more options.
With the full-color Physical Science text, students learn the properties of matter, elements, compounds, electricity, and sound and light. Students reading below grade level gain practice in working with data and sharpen their abilities to infer, classify, and theorize.
Physical Science: Investigating Matter and Energy is a primary text for an introductory course covering the physical sciences.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.