- Table View
- List View
Connections is a combination of seventeen short stories by today's most popular writers for young adults, portraying encounters and clashes among teenagers, as well as some surprises and insights into the world of young adults. These original stories blend and interact to reveal a splendid array of talent.
Short stories of teen immigrants--Mexican, Venezuelan, Kazakh, Chinese, Romanian, Palestinian, Swedish, Korean, Haitian, and Cambodian--reveal what it is like to face prejudice, language barriers, and homesickness along with common teenage feelings and needs.
Here are seventeen original short stories that reflect young adults' views on friendships and prejudice, expectations and disappointments, and connections and confrontations.From the Paperback edition.
This anthology features stories about individuals who find themselves in situations that test their strength of character. They are called upon to make moral choices, face the consequences of their actions, and consider what it means to "do the right thing. " From computer blackmail, peer pressure, and gang violence to drug use, unwanted pregnancy, guilt and atonement, these characters face decisions that may affect the rest of their lives. There are many tough choices; there are no easy answers. From the Hardcover edition.
High school can be a war zone of popularity and persecution, where no one really looks at the kids on the fringe. In this powerful and timely collection, some of today's most acclaimed authors bring to life eleven stories of outsiders facing the constant struggle of hate and acceptance.
Here are sixteen representative stories for the eighties, written especially for this collection by today's best-known writers for teenagers. Their impressions radiate through an emotional prism of hope and hate, love and death, despair and joy, in a diverse yet strikingly unified collection.
Teenagers who have entered this new millennium with visions of what their lives will be like in years to come will be intrigued by these 10 imaginative stories collected and edited by author and editor Donald R. Gallo. Award-winning authors explore a different decade of the 20th century through the eyes of teens with concerns and emotions similar to those of young adults today. Gallo's introduction to each piece will give readers a sense of the many technological advances, as well as the political and cultural changes, that came with each new decade and story. How did young adults cope with so much change, so many opportunities? The stories will inspire teenagers as they experience changes in their own daily lives.
A knockout collection of 16 original stories featuring young adults playing basketball and football, running track and cross-country, and training for the triathlon. Challenges abound in water sports, racquetball and tennis, boxing and wrestling, and the "ultimate" sport of the future.
Imagine. . . Nineteen superb stories by today's best-known authors of young adult novels, coming together to create a window of the mind, a vision illuminating the joys and sorrows of young people. These nineteen splendid stories range from tales of tender romance and the delights of mystery and fantasy to the struggles of death, divorce, and growing up. Here are recollections from the past, stories of today, and visions of the future.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.