- Table View
- List View
The definitive, essential guide to the music industry, now in its eighth edition--revised and updated with crucial information on the industry's major changes in response to rapid technological advances and economic uncertainty.The past two decades have seen file-sharing technology and digital streaming services transform the music business from top to bottom, and the changes keep coming at breakneck speed. How are record labels adapting to the demand for instantly accessible, low-cost music while coping with piracy? And what does it all mean for aspiring and established artists today? Donald Passman, one of the most trusted music lawyers in the country, offers his sage advice for creating, selling, sharing, and protecting your music in the Information Age in this updated eighth edition of All You Need to Know About the Music Business. Called "the industry bible" by the Los Angeles Times, Passman's comprehensive guide--which has sold hundreds of thousands of copies over the past twenty years--draws on his unparalleled experience and up-to-the-minute knowledge of industry trends. Executives and artists, experts and novices alike, will benefit from Passman's detailed yet easy-to-understand explanations of the latest technology, legalities, and practices shaping the music business, such as: * Royalties for music transmitted via digital down- loads, streaming services, cloud lockers, and apps * Updated licensing regulations and industry agreements * The most recent recording and music publishing deals * The new challenges for performing rights societies He also gives guidance on the basics, such as how to: * Select and hire a winning team of advisors--personal and business managers, agents, and attorneys--and structure their commissions, percentages, and fees in a way that will protect you and maximize these relationships * Master the major and finer points of contract negotiations * Navigate the ins and outs of songwriting and music publishing * Maximize concert, touring, and merchandising agreements Anyone interested in making and marketing music--musicians, songwriters, agents, promoters, publishers, managers, and record company executives--needs this crucial text to keep up with the frenetic pace of technological and legal change. No one understands the music business better than Passman. Let him show you how to "make it" in one of the world's most dynamic and challenging industries.
This revised and updated edition provides crucial information on the industry's adaptations to today's technological advances and uncertain economy.
This volume by a prominent authority on permutation groups consists of lecture notes that provide a self-contained account of distinct classification theorems. A ready source of frequently quoted but usually inaccessible theorems, it is ideally suited for professional group theorists as well as students with a solid background in modern algebra.The three-part treatment begins with an introductory chapter and advances to an economical development of the tools of basic group theory, including group extensions, transfer theorems, and group representations and characters. The final chapter features thorough discussions of the work of Zassenhaus on Frobenius elements and sharply transitive groups in addition to an exploration of Huppert's findings on solvable doubly transitive groups.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.