- Table View
- List View
Your First Year as a Nurse: Making the Transition from Total Novice to Successful Professional (2nd edition)by Donna Cardillo
Survive and Thrive as a Nurse in Today's New Health-Services Landscape. Welcome to the compassionate and caring world of nursing! You are entering a profession that offers great rewards and endless opportunities. But you must prepare for the challenges ahead and do everything you can to ensure that you experience the best that nursing has to offer. Get off to the right start in your new profession by learning how to: bull; Find the job that's perfect for you bull; Create your own patient-centered style of nursing bull; Develop positive relationships with doctors, patients, and other nurses bull; Stay positive, deal with conflict and adversity, and avoid burnout bull; Network, enhance your education and career, and become a leader. And NEW! to this revised edition: Invaluable information about nursing licensure, including an extensive FAQ section; Discussion of professional issues related to standards of care, nursing ethics, and health-care reimbursement; Job-hunting challenges and solutions; Solutions for handling quandaries such as delayed career start, nontraditional practice, and more; Trends and opportunities for the future of nursing; A special section for second-career nurses and more.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.