- Table View
- List View
Your First Year as a Nurse: Making the Transition from Total Novice to Successful Professional (2nd edition)by Donna Cardillo
Survive and Thrive as a Nurse in Today's New Health-Services Landscape. Welcome to the compassionate and caring world of nursing! You are entering a profession that offers great rewards and endless opportunities. But you must prepare for the challenges ahead and do everything you can to ensure that you experience the best that nursing has to offer. Get off to the right start in your new profession by learning how to: bull; Find the job that's perfect for you bull; Create your own patient-centered style of nursing bull; Develop positive relationships with doctors, patients, and other nurses bull; Stay positive, deal with conflict and adversity, and avoid burnout bull; Network, enhance your education and career, and become a leader. And NEW! to this revised edition: Invaluable information about nursing licensure, including an extensive FAQ section; Discussion of professional issues related to standards of care, nursing ethics, and health-care reimbursement; Job-hunting challenges and solutions; Solutions for handling quandaries such as delayed career start, nontraditional practice, and more; Trends and opportunities for the future of nursing; A special section for second-career nurses and more.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.