- Table View
- List View
Myths have much to teach us about ourselves, and this comprehensive presentation of Greek mythological tales reaches across the ages to engage your students. From Apollo to Zeus - including such well-known mythological figures as Pandora, Midas, Pygmalion, Daedalus and Icarus, and many more - these majestic and mysterious stories provide insight not only into the lives of those who told them, but also into the modern character. These myths offer your students a unique context in which to examine their own emotions, strengths, and weaknesses as they learn about the ancient culture from which the stories arose.
An exciting anthology of thought provoking short stories, plays & poems, written by major authors from all over the world, translated to English. Seven geographical areas are covered. The selections span from the 13th Century BC to the late 20th Century AD. Each selection includes critical & biographical information, questions which emphasize inferential thinking, expository & creative writing assignments & a glossary of literary terms.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.