- Table View
- List View
Narrates the preparations and activities which culminated in man's first landing on the moon in July 1969.
A simple account of the sinking of the Titanic and the discovery of its remains many years later.
Kid's book about how the Titanic sank and was found again.
This describes several successful searches for lost treasure, including discoveries of sunken Spanish ships off the Florida coast, and the sacred well of the Mayans in the Yucatan.
Illus. in full color with black-and-white & full-color photos. "Beginning with the death of Tutankhamen, the book moves forward to archaeologist Howard Carter's discovery of the tomb. Information about ancient Egyptian life is interspersed in a clear, smooth fashion throughout. A good way to get readers into non-fiction."--Booklist.
Describes the burial of the pharaoh Tutankhamen and the discovery of his long-lost tomb by archaeologists more than 3,000 years later.
Surveys the history of the Vietnam War, chronicles the construction of the Vietnam Memorial, and discusses what the Memorial means to many Americans.
Step into Reading with A WALL OF NAMES: The Story of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial "Why did you die and not me?" This is a note to a dead soldier from an old friend. It is one of hundreds of notes left every year beside the Vietnam Veterans Memorial -- a wall curved with the names of all the US soldiers who died in the Vietnam War. The wall was built to honor these men and women and to heal the deep wounds left by the longest and most hated war ever fought by Americans. Here's the dramatic story of how the wall came to be and what Vietnam meant to our country in the war-torn years of the 60s. Select picture descriptions added and captions
Examines events surrounding the assassination of President Kennedy in 1963. Also discusses the Warren Commission findings and conspiracy theories.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.