A portfolio is a collection of work samples that represent your abilities and accomplishments. It can be used to demonstrate your work readiness, show your eligibility for admission to a college or other organization, or showcase a special talent.
Marketing Yourself utilizes a marketing framework to drive the development of a self-marketing plan and portfolio. The plan is based on the analysis of the student's own marketable skills and abilities. Knowing how to sell yourself is key to succeeding in business today! In addition to helping students make real-world connections to begin networking with professionals, this text is also designed to help students with after-graduation goal setting that matches their interests and aptitudes to appropriate college or post-secondary education.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.