- Table View
- List View
This modern, graduate-level textbook does not assume prior knowledge of representation theory. Includes numerous concrete examples and over 250 exercises.
This graduate-level textbook provides an elementary exposition of the theory of automorphic representations and L-functions for the general linear group in an adelic setting. Definitions are kept to a minimum and repeated when reintroduced so that the book is accessible from any entry point, and with no prior knowledge of representation theory. The book includes concrete examples of global and local representations of GL(n), and presents their associated L-functions. In Volume 1, the theory is developed from first principles for GL(1), then carefully extended to GL(2) with complete detailed proofs of key theorems. Several proofs are presented for the first time, including Jacquet's simple and elegant proof of the tensor product theorem. In Volume 2, the higher rank situation of GL(n) is given a detailed treatment. Containing numerous exercises, this book will motivate students and researchers to begin working in this fertile field of research.
Multiple Dirichlet Series, L-functions and Automorphic Forms gives the latest advances in the rapidly developing subject of Multiple Dirichlet Series, an area with origins in the theory of automorphic forms that exhibits surprising and deep connections to crystal graphs and mathematical physics. As such, it represents a new way in which areas including number theory, combinatorics, statistical mechanics, and quantum groups are seen to fit together. The volume also includes papers on automorphic forms and L-functions and related number-theoretic topics. This volume will be a valuable resource for graduate students and researchers in number theory, combinatorics, representation theory, mathematical physics, and special functions. Contributors: J. Beineke, B. Brubaker, D. Bump, G. Chinta, G. Cornelissen, C.A. Diaconu, S. Frechette, S. Friedberg, P. Garrett, D. Goldfeld, P.E. Gunnells, B. Heim, J. Hundley, D. Ivanov, Y. Komori, A.V. Kontorovich, O. Lorscheid, K. Matsumoto, P.J. McNamara, S.J. Patterson, M. Suzuki, H. Tsumura.
Serge Lang was an iconic figure in mathematics, both for his own important work and for the indelible impact he left on the field of mathematics, on his students, and on his colleagues. Over the course of his career, Lang traversed a tremendous amount of mathematical ground. As he moved from subject to subject, he found analogies that led to important questions in such areas as number theory, arithmetic geometry, and the theory of negatively curved spaces. Lang's conjectures will keep many mathematicians occupied far into the future. In the spirit of Lang's vast contribution to mathematics, this memorial volume contains articles by prominent mathematicians in a variety of areas of the field, namely Number Theory, Analysis, and Geometry, representing Lang's own breadth of interest and impact. A special introduction by John Tate includes a brief and fascinating account of the Serge Lang's life. This volume's group of 6 editors are also highly prominent mathematicians and were close to Serge Lang, both academically and personally. The volume is suitable to research mathematicians in the areas of Number Theory, Analysis, and Geometry.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.