- Table View
- List View
An updated edition of the down-to-earth resource that offers twelve practices to make Christian faith a way of lifeMany Christians are looking for ways to deepen their relationship with God by practicing their faith in everyday life. This best-selling guide helps take belief out of the realm of theory and shows how to live it out in a series of twelve central practices such as hospitality, forgiveness, healing, testimony, and keeping Sabbath. Designed to work across a wide range of Christian laypeople, leaders, denominations, and study groups, this is the second edition of the book that Theology called "... a stimulating contribution to the work of making explicit the connection between what Christians do and what they believe."Contains information on the practices discussed in the book and shows how they relate to and intersect with prayer, worship, and Bible studyOffers a guide for conversation, learning, and growth at the back of the bookThis updated and expanded new edition includes a new introduction and two additional chapters that describes new insights into and experiences with the "practicing our faith" approach The book includes a variety of prominent contributors, who draw on their rich shared experience as believers, theologians, ethicists, and educators.
This book, out of the Valpraiso project on Christian spiritual disciplines, includes chapters on honoring the body, hospitality, household economics, saying Yes and saying No, keeping Sabbath, testimony, discernment, shaping communities, forgiveness, healing, dying well, and singing our lives.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.