- Table View
- List View
Everything you need to know to knit like a pro! Knitting Know-How isn't just another collection of knitting techniques-it's an indispensable resource for making every stitch better! From basic knit and purl stitches to cables, lace, color knitting and garment design, you'll learn the ins and outs of improving your knitting and choosing one technique over another for the results you want. If you have ever wondered which cast-ons are suitable for socks, why you should always (always!) knit a gauge swatch, or how to fix a mis-crossed cable, this book is for you! Discover hundreds of essential techniques, demonstrated with clear step-by-step photos and no-nonsense instructions. Learn how your choices in technique and knitting method can make all the difference in your finished pieces. Design your own garments-or adjust existing patterns-with clear examples and lessons that demystify the math. Put your knowledge to work with 8 project lessons, including double-knit mittens, stranded colorwork socks and an intricately cabled Aran sweater. Are you ready to become a master knitter? Gather your yarn and needles and open this book-your knitting will thank you!
Check out this fancy footwork! Discover the joy of socks!Knitting the Perfect Pairleads you step-by-step through a variety of styles, from warm and classic to cool and fashionable. Take a walk on the wild side with fishnet stockings. Wrap your toes in the romance of lace-cuffed cable socks. Treat your feet to the ultimate comfort of cozy thrummed house socks, or dress them up in fancy Fair Isle socks or socks with funky, textured stripes. You'll find styles fit for every foot! Knitting the Perfect Pairincludes: 12 patterns ranging from the traditional to the -fashion forward, for women and men. Sizing advice and construction tips for socks that fit like a glove. Everything you need to know about yarn and needle selection, different cast-on and bind-off methods, heel turning and toe shaping variations, basic stitches, increasing, decreasing and grafting—plus care tips for hand-knitted socks. A wide variety of construction techniques and variations (ruffles, ribbing, tassels, articulated toes and more!) so you can mix and match your way to fabulously original footwear. No need for cold feet with the easy-to-follow, detailed directions inside, even beginners can turn out results that will knock your store-bought socks off!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.