- Table View
- List View
Nearly twenty years after its initial publication, Dr. Bernard Jensen's sobering picture of just how interconnected man is with the earth, and how this connection is being destroyed - link by link - still resonates powerfully. In this eye-opening account of the inherent dangers in our agricultural system, Jensen looks at the better-known manmade disasters, such as the greenhouse effect, as well as the ecological and subsequent health related problems hidden from the general public at the time. Empty Harvest is a groundbreaking book that examines just what the total problem was and still is. "In a day when it is cheap and easy to be a doomsday prophet, Empty Harvest shines like a bright beacon of hope and ecological sanity. While exposing the dire consequences of thinking we can grow healthy food with poisons, this excellent book defines positive alternatives, and demonstrates their power to restore us to true health. Empty Harvest lights the way toward living in harmony and happiness with the forces of life." --John Robbins, author of Diet for a New America
For over one hundred years, researchers have studied the links between health and the patterns, colors, and textures of the iris. In the United States, Dr. Bernard Jensen brought the art of reading the iris into the twentieth century. In Visions of Health, Drs. Jensen and Bodeen describe the basics of iris analysis in easy-to-understand language with dozens of illustrations and color photos, as well as charts for reading your own eyes and those of friends. They believe that with this book in hand, you can recognize weaknesses in the iris and adjust your lifestyle to achieve optimum health.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.