- Table View
- List View
What is the difference between a meteor and a meteorite? What is the difference between an asteroid and a meteoroid? What causes the tails of comets. Where do comets come from? What causes a meteor to try to collide with the earth? Learn the answers to these and many other questions in this fact filled book on Comets, Asteroids, and Meteorites. This book designed for middle school students but enjoyable by anyone interested in astronomy and how the universe is set up will find something interesting in this short, but fact filled book.
This short but informative book gives many fascinating facts about the Planet Jupiter. The book outlines the planet's history and scientific discovers about it through the ages. It talks about the planets place in mythology, as well as what NASA has discovered about its composition. Contains a glossary of terms, recommended books to read, and some very fascinating facts about its many moons. Worth reading for anyone interested in the planet Jupiter.
Did you know that people thought for the longest time that Mars was inhabited by a advanced race who used canals to help conserve water? Or that Mars is named after the Roman God of war. That Mars has two moons, and that Mars, is the closest to Earth in Make up. Learn about the "Red Planet" in this fact filled book [which is] great for research or as an introduction to the Solar system.
Have you ever wondered where Mercury gots its name? What causes Solar Flares? Or Solar Winds? Or what are Sun Spots exactly? Learn the answers to these and other interesting questions in this simple read introductory book to Mercury and the Sun. You will learn about Mercury's composition, the different layers of the Sun and much more. Worth a look for any star gazers.
This valuable beginners guide to the outer planets will offer lots of fascinating facts about the three farthest planets, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. It talks about their satelites, moons, rings, and formation, age, mass, and other important facts. The book also offers a glimpse into the past and how the different planets were discovered by ancient and more recent astronomers. Also offers a glossary of terms and a bibliography of further reading.
This short yet informative book discusses the Big Bang Theory, and how the planets were formed, as well as the debates of ancient astronomers whether the earth was the center of the Universe or if the sun was. Informative facts about the Earth as a planet, and interesting facts about its moon. Worth reading if interested in fundamental astronomy or the planets. Great for all ages. Scientific terms are defined in the text and in a glossary. Picture captions give meat to the story.
This small book, al be it, small, is chock full of fascinating facts about the sixth planet from the Sun Saturn. It talks about its physical make up, its history and discoveries made about it over the years, as well as some interesting facts about its mythology. Worth a look if you are at all interested in astronomy.
This guide to Venus, gives information about the planet's atmosphere, crust and evolutionary history. The author also explores our changing ideas about Venus over time. Explains how we have gained scientific knowledge of Venus. There are also many ways in which Venus and Earth are similar. Our relation to our Sister Planet is explored.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.