- Table View
- List View
Covering dogs and cats, ruminants, horses, swine, birds, rabbits, laboratory animals, and fish, Diagnostic Parasitology for Veterinary Technicians, 4th Edition features clear and concise discussions of the most commonly encountered internal and external parasites. In full-color, with a convenient spiral binding, this resource offers step-by-step guidelines for collecting samples and performing lab procedures. Comprehensive terminology coverage familiarizes you with the language of parasitology for effective communication with other members of the veterinary team, and the enhanced life cycle coverage helps you educate clients about prevention and control strategies. Clear and concise coverage of the most commonly encountered internal and external parasites provides an accessible, informative resource for veterinarians, technicians and students alike. Full-color images of parasites ease your ability to recognize parasites in lab samples. Appendix of parasites for each species shows their location and makes it easy to find discussions on every specific parasite. Chapter on lab procedures offers step-by-step guidelines for gathering samples and performing lab procedures. Emphasis on zoonotic potential of parasites helps you alert other health care workers and clients on ways to prevent transmission of a zoonotic parasite, condition, or syndrome from animals to humans. Basic chapter on terminology familiarizes you with the language of parasitology for more effective communication with clients and colleagues. Heartworm section offers insights on performing and interpreting heartworm diagnostic tests to help you recognize and treat this major parasite. Additional tables of parasites - cross-referencing such categories as body systems affected, taxonomic grouping, host species, and location in host - ensure that you understand the countless ways of categorizing parasites. Consistent presentation of information on individual parasites - including common name, size and location of adult, size of egg, and importance (such as disease condition caused by the parasite adult/egg) - helps you quickly locate vital data. Detailed coverage of parasite life cycles includes additional life cycle drawings to help you easily communicate prevention and control strategies to clients. New pictures of pseudoparasites (yeast cells, pollen grains, plant cells) help you recognize pseudoparasites and understand how they differ from parasites. Expanded chapter on exotics offers more images and detailed discussions of the parasites that affect exotics animals. Vet Tech Threads include chapter outlines, key terms, chapter quizzes, and Technician Notes, to help you focus on key concepts. Online resources on Evolve include an image collection and electronic flash cards for a visual and interactive learning experience.
Learn the techniques that every developer who works with Visual Basic .NET should know about designing, developing, and developing security-enhanced applications for Microsoft Windows® and the Web. Visual Basic .NET experts Ed Robinson and Mike Bond introduce critical security concepts using straightforward language and step-by-step examples. You get clear, end-to-end guidance--covering application design, coding techniques, testing methods, and deployment strategies, along with direction on how to help secure the operating system and related infrastructure and services. Discover how to: Design a security-enhanced architecture Understand the most common vulnerabilities and how to write code to prevent them Implement authentication and authorization techniques in your applications Learn techniques for encryption, input validation, and exception handling Add Windows, Forms, and Passport authentication to Web applications Perform a security threat analysis and implement countermeasures Think like a hacker--and uncover security holes Create a setup for your application that implements security during installation Lock down the Windows operating system, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft SQL Server®, and Microsoft Access® databases
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.