- Table View
- List View
All Children Have Different Eyes is the only picture book to model healthy social development of children with visual impairment while also helping children with normal vision become aware and tolerant of the limitations of kids who have low vision. Realistic characters who live with strabismus (crossed eyes), nystagmus (wobbly eyes), albinism, nearsightedness, cataract, red/green color deficiency, and other conditions confidently model how to: 1) Deal with bullies, 2) Handle mistakes responsibly, 3) Explain their condition, and 4) Take leadership roles. Engaging activities in the back of the book help parents and teachers reinforce the competencies modeled in the story. A free Teacher Guide for grades K-3 at www.lowvisionkids.com integrate the important lessons of the book with educational standards in Reading, Writing, Art and even Physical Education. With this training and awareness, all kids can learn to become better friends rather than exclusive and intolerant classmates and neighbors.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.