- Table View
- List View
All Children Have Different Eyes is the only picture book to model healthy social development of children with visual impairment while also helping children with normal vision become aware and tolerant of the limitations of kids who have low vision. Realistic characters who live with strabismus (crossed eyes), nystagmus (wobbly eyes), albinism, nearsightedness, cataract, red/green color deficiency, and other conditions confidently model how to: 1) Deal with bullies, 2) Handle mistakes responsibly, 3) Explain their condition, and 4) Take leadership roles. Engaging activities in the back of the book help parents and teachers reinforce the competencies modeled in the story. A free Teacher Guide for grades K-3 at www.lowvisionkids.com integrate the important lessons of the book with educational standards in Reading, Writing, Art and even Physical Education. With this training and awareness, all kids can learn to become better friends rather than exclusive and intolerant classmates and neighbors.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.