The 5 Elements of Effective Thinkingpresents practical, lively, and inspiring ways for you to become more successful through better thinking. The idea is simple: You can learn how to think far better by adopting specific strategies. Brilliant people aren't a special breed--they just use their minds differently. By using the straightforward and thought-provoking techniques inThe 5 Elements of Effective Thinking, you will regularly find imaginative solutions to difficult challenges, and you will discover new ways of looking at your world and yourself--revealing previously hidden opportunities. The book offers real-life stories, explicit action items, and concrete methods that allow you to attain a deeper understanding of any issue, exploit the power of failure as a step toward success, develop a habit of creating probing questions, see the world of ideas as an ever-flowing stream of thought, and embrace the uplifting reality that we are all capable of change. No matter who you are, the practical mind-sets introduced in the book will empower you to realize any goal in a more creative, intelligent, and effective manner. Filled with engaging examples that unlock truths about thinking in every walk of life,The 5 Elements of Effective Thinkingis written for all who want to reach their fullest potential--including students, parents, teachers, businesspeople, professionals, athletes, artists, leaders, and lifelong learners. Whenever you are stuck, need a new idea, or want to learn and grow,The 5 Elements of Effective Thinkingwill inspire and guide you on your way.
Make mathematics fun and satisfying for everyone Math can be a living source of powerful ideas that transcend mathematics; a window into mind-opening philosophical concepts such as infinity, fourth dimensions, chaos, and fractals; and a practical training ground for developing skills in analysis, reasoning, and thought if you have the right approach and the right guide. The Heart of Mathematics: An Invitation to Effective Thinking, now in its third edition, transforms mathematics into an engaging, relevant experience even for the most math-phobic student. Infusing this book with humor and enthusiasm, Edward B. Burger and Michael Starbird both recipients of the Mathematical Association of America's foremost national teaching award and countless state, regional, and campus-wide teaching honors introduce students to the most important and interesting ideas in mathematics while inspiring them to actively engage in mathematical thinking. Richer and more rewarding than ever, this new edition features: An emphasis on mathematical methods of investigation Visualization techniques that make key concepts easier to understand Accessible, friendly writing style that encourages critical thinking "Life Lessons"-effective methods of thinking that students will retain and apply beyond the classroom End of section Mindscape activities for the development of application, problem-solving, and argumentation skills.
This study text contains Foundations for Algebra, Equations, Inequalities, Functions, Linear Functions, Systems of Equations and Inequalities, Exponents and Polynomials, Factoring Polynomials, Quadratic Functions and Equations, Data Analysis and Probability, Exponential and Radical Functions, and Rational Functions and Equations.
The book contains chapters on Foundations for Functions, Linear Functions, Linear Systems, Matrices, Quadratic Functions, Polynomial Functions, Exponential and Logarithmic Functions, Rational and Radical Functions, Properties and Attributes of Functions, Conic Sections, Probability and Statistics, Sequences and Series, Trigonometric Functions and Trigonometric Graphs and Identities.
Holt Geometry provide many opportunities for you to prepare for standardized tests.
Geometry textbook for California students.
This book has many features designed to help New York students study geometry effectively.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.