Just outside the small town of Raven Springs there's a curious little inn. Is it just a coincidence that a number of missing people spent their last night there? That's what Jimmy Clevis aims to find out. He's tracking down a man who seems to have vanished into thin air--and his trail stops dead at Raven Springs. Jimmy has no choice but to check into the inn and find out for himself what mysteries are waiting behind its doors. But will he be able to do what others before him couldn't? Will he survive his stay?
A hideous evil is let loose on a sleepy backwoods town... The murders were only the beginning. No one knew what went on in the sullen, dark house on the hill, but town cop Kurt Morris intended to find out. The sleepy town of Tylersville, Maryland was being stalked by on unimaginable evil; it had become the haunting-ground for horrors too grisly to be described. Young girls had vanished without a trace. Graves had been opened, corpses unearthed and carried away. Quiet moonlit nights gave way to a mindless slaughter, and to the sounds of hysterical screams... DARK HORRORS Time was running out. How many more would be dragged off into an endless night, and for what hideous purpose? Fear led to wild speculations about psychopaths, crazed animals, vampires, and werewolves. But Kurt knew better. Deep in the fog-shrouded woods, he had seen the nightmare figures. And the truth was much, much worse...
Hell is teeming with skyscrapers, just like many other cities. There is only one difference. In this city the people are all dead. But two living humans discover the greatest of all occult secrets ...
Would you like to become someone else? Well, someone else is about to become you. He will share your heart and your mind. And then he will take you on a slaughterfest. He is a messenger, from hell.
The Darkest Urge. . .To his friends and neighbors, Jeffrey Mailhot was an ordinary, law-abiding motorcycle enthusiast with a fondness for 80's rock 'n roll. But there was a dark side to Mailhot--and an urge he couldn't control...The Vanished Bodies. . .Rhode Island detectives knew they had a serial killer in their town. But the victims were women who lived and worked in a sexual underground--and whose bodies were never found. Then, prostitutes began to talk about a man who played too rough. Police arrested Jeffrey Mailhot, and an incredible duel of wits began... The Confession Of A Serial Killer. . . A brilliant police interrogation led to a chilling confession. Now, this insider's account of a modern-day Jack the Ripper takes us into the room where Jeffrey Mailhot, in his own words, told police how he killed women with his bare hands, cut their bodies into pieces, and then went out to kill again... Includes 16 pages of shocking photos! Linda Rosencrance has twenty years of experience as a reporter, writing for both The Boston Globe and the Boston Herald as well as many community papers in the Boston metropolitan area. She is the author of An Act of Murder and Murder at Morses Pond and has also written an anthology examining various crimes on college campuses. She lives in the Boston area. Edward Lee, Jr., has been a police officer in Woonsocket, Rhode Island since 1988. In 1997 he was promoted to the rank of Sergeant and became patrol supervisor for the morning platoon. He went on to work as a Municipal and District Court Prosecutor as well as Sergeant in the Day Detective Division before being promoted to Lieutenant of the Day Platoon in October 2004. Promoted to Captain in June of 2006, Lee is responsible for the Uniform Division, which is the largest and most visible division of the Woonsocket Police Department. He lives in Massachusetts.
A whacko walking into a workplace after first making a threatening phone call ("I'm gonna get you") serves as the premise for each of the three novellas in this grisly anthology.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.