- Table View
- List View
An estimated 21 million people are diagnosed each year with a major depressive disorder in the USA, Western Europe and Japan. The economic cost of depression and its impact on sufferers and those around them is enormous. There are numerous therapy choices available, which can be daunting for the clinician trying to achieve the best treatment regimen. Managing Depression in Clinical Practice provides a concise overview of the clinical manifestation, diagnosis and management of this debilitating condition. The book gives practical coverage of depression in special populations, the management of treatment non-response and long-term treatment. Managing Depression in Clinical Practice is intended as an accessible text for family practitioners and psychiatrists in training and in practice. It will also be of interest to specialist nurses and allied health professionals working in the field.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.