- Table View
- List View
Aspiring and new art gallery owners can now find everything they need to plan and operate a successful art gallery in this comprehensive volume. Edward Winkleman draws on his years of experience to explain step by step how to start your new venture. Chapters detail how to:write a business plan -- find start-up capital -- find your ideal locale -- renovate the space -- manage cash flow -- promote and grow your new business -- attract and retain artists and clients -- hire and manage staff -- represent your artistsHow to Start and Run a Commercial Art Gallery also includes sample forms, helpful tips from veteran collectors, a large section on art fairs, and a directory of art dealers associations.
Aspiring and new art gallery owners can now find everything they need to plan and operate a successful art gallery in this comprehensive volume. Edward Winkleman draws on his years of experience to explain step by step how to start your new venture. Chapters detail how to: - write a business plan - find start-up capital - find your ideal locale - renovate the space - manage cash flow - promote and grow your new business - attract and retain artists and clients - hire and manage staff - represent your artists. How to Start and Run a Commercial Art Gallery also includes sample forms, helpful tips from veteran collectors, a large section on art fairs, and a directory of art dealers associations.
This second edition of a highly successful course book is written specifically to help British trainee primary teachers develop a secure knowledge and understanding of the ways in which ICT supports teaching and learning. It identifies clear links with the new Standards for the award of Qualified Teacher Status, with the National Curriculum, and with the exemplar Scheme of Work for ICT at Key Stages 1 and 2. Each chapter includes links with recent and relevant research as well as directed activities providing a focus for further reading, observation, practice, evaluation and reflection.
A sophisticated examination of today's contemporary art market from an art dealer's point of view, this new book focuses on recent changes in the quickly evolving market. With an emphasis on how the market responded to the global recession that began in 2008, gallery owner Edward Winkleman moves from an examination of the factors beyond the individual dealer's command to those that the dealer can control. Sections cover: The rise of the art fair The rise of the mega gallery New online competition Models of post-brick-and-mortar art dealing Art dealers as art fair organizers Collaboration in a new era Coverage is also given to the specifics of contracts contemporary art dealers may need, including an examination of a variety of contracts for representation, consignment, and new forms of contemporary art. Exhibiting a wide range of interviews with international experts including dealers, collectors, art-fair directors, journalists, and online art entrepreneurs, Selling Contemporary Art is a must-read for gallery owners, dealers, and artists affected by the rapid innovations in the art-dealing industry.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.