- Table View
- List View
Five little monkeys wake up with the sun. Today is their mama's birthday and they are going to bake a cake for her. They'll have to measure the flour and mix in the right number of eggs, and get it all into the oven in time for the birthday surprise--without waking up Mama! Eileen Christelow has created an original, high-energy romp, sure to delight any child who has tried to plan a surprise.
The day before school starts, Mama takes her five little monkeys shopping for clothes. "Stay right there," she says, "AND DON'T GO WANDERING OFF!" But do those silly little monkeys listen to Mama? Of course not! Soon there are only three little monkeys ... and then there are seven ... then three again ... and then ... oh, no! Fourteen little monkeys! How can that be? Will Mama ever have her five little monkeys together again?
"NO MORE MONKEYS JUMPING ON THE BED!" The nursery rhyme "Five Little Monkeys" has long been a favorite song and finger play with the preschool set, but Eileen Christelow gives it new life as a hilarious picture book. Her expressive pencil and watercolor illustrations capture both the glee and the pratfalls of those misbehaving monkeys. A sure-fire hit at story hour, this rhythmic romp is a counting lesson, too, as the five bouncy bed-jumpers bump their heads and get hauled off to the doctor one by one. This board-book edition is just the right size for small human hands. (IRA/CBC Children's Choice Award, 1990)
Mama's out dancing, and Lulu, the babysitter, is in charge. The Five Little Monkeys are supposed to go to bed, but they convince Lulu there's time for just one game of hide-and-seek first . . . and then another, and another . . . until they discover the ultimate hiding place. Lulu is frantic; where can those monkeys be? Vibrant, expressive illustrations in Eileen Christelow's signature style accompany a catchy rhymed text that's great for reading aloud. The refrain invites children to join in; as Lulu counts to 10, 24, and finally 104, young listeners will count along with her. And what little monkey can resist the idea of mischief at bedtime?
While their mother takes a nap, five mischievous monkeys discover that it is unwise to tease Mr. Crocodile.
This 20th-anniversary treasury features a special introduction and five full-length picture books--Five Little Monkeys Jumping on a Bed, Five Little Monkeys Bake a Cake, Five Little Monkeys Sitting in a Tree, Five Little Monkeys with Nothing to Do, and Five Little Monkeys Wash the Car--as well as a lesson on how to draw your own fabulous monkeys.
The five little monkeys and Mama are eager to get a new car. The five little monkeys clean and paint their old car until it sparkles like new. But who will buy it? Perhaps those clever monkeys can convince their cranky crocodile neighbors that what they really need is ... yes, a car!
When five little monkeys ask for something to do, cleaning the house for Grandma Bessie's visit isn't exactly what they had in mind. But leave it to these mischievous monkeys to find a way to make housework fun. . . and messy! Here is another popular Five Little Monkeys story, available for the first time in a bilingual board book edition. Now Spanish- and English-speaking readers can enjoy the lighthearted antics of these lovable monkeys while learning the words of the familiar tale in both languages.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.