- Table View
- List View
This guide is an excellent tool for use by itself or with any human anatomy and physiology book. The author's unique approach promotes and reinforces learning on many levels through a wide variety of visual and written exercises. In its review of the human body, from microscopic to macroscopic levels, the workbook covers the most important and useful aspects of human anatomy and physiology, and offers clinically oriented activities.
Anatomy and physiology, subdivisions of biology, explore many of these topics as they describe how our bodies are put together and how they work.
Now in its Tenth Edition, Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology continues to set the standard for short-course A&P texts. Its dramatically updated art program, more streamlined presentation of material, and integration of chapter objectives will help you better visualize and understand the structure and function of the human body. Elaine Marieb's clear and friendly writing style emphasizes the relevance of anatomy & physiology to your life and future career. The book clarifies concepts, defines key terms, and offers just the right balance of anatomy, physiology, and clinical coverage to make the content complete without being overwhelming. Elaine Marieb wrote this book specifically for the one-semester course and continues to carefully select a range of material that proves just right for the shorter course. New information on hot topics like the HPV Vaccine, Infantile Polycystic Kidney disease, and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) draws students into the material. This package contains: Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology, Tenth Edition
The fourth edition is designed to introduce students pursuing careers in the allied health fields to the structure and function of the human body. Many sections dealing with timely topics, such as immunology and clinical advances, have been updated and the discussions of protein synthesis, muscle contraction, nutrition, and acid-base balance have been expanded. The style and presentation help students grasp the fundamental concepts of human anatomy and the inner workings of the body.
This text introduces students to the structure and function of the human body. Marieb, an R.N. and Ph.D. who teaches at Edison Community College and Holyoke Community College, designed this book for students pursuing careers in the allied health fields but who may have limited previous exposure to the sciences. Sections discuss immunology and clinical advances based on current research, and throughout the book emphasizes career orientation through interviews with working professionals.
This textbook features chapters concentrating on cells, embryology, tissues, bones, joints, muscle tissue, the senses, blood, the heart, blood vessels, and surface anatomy, as well as the various body systems. A brief atlas contains 71 color photographs depicting organs, muscles, and bones. A companion CD-ROM contains interactive tutorials, practice tests, case studies, visual review exercises, and news articles. The authors teach at Holyoke Community College, Washington State University, and the Community College of Rhode Island. Annotation ©2004 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
In this text Marieb (Holyoke Community College) integrates the relationships of body organ systems, homeostasis, and complementarity of structure and function.
A modern exploration of the human, from its interacting organ systems to the cellular and molecular underpinnings of the functions of life.
This laboratory manual is designed for instructors who teach a two-semester introductory anatomy & physiology course, but do not require the full range of laboratory exercises found in Marieb's best-selling Human Anatomy & Physiology Lab Manuals (Cat, Fetal Pig, and Main).
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.