- Table View
- List View
This guide is an excellent tool for use by itself or with any human anatomy and physiology book. The author's unique approach promotes and reinforces learning on many levels through a wide variety of visual and written exercises. In its review of the human body, from microscopic to macroscopic levels, the workbook covers the most important and useful aspects of human anatomy and physiology, and offers clinically oriented activities.
Anatomy and physiology, subdivisions of biology, explore many of these topics as they describe how our bodies are put together and how they work.
Now in its Tenth Edition, Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology continues to set the standard for short-course A&P texts. Its dramatically updated art program, more streamlined presentation of material, and integration of chapter objectives will help you better visualize and understand the structure and function of the human body. Elaine Marieb's clear and friendly writing style emphasizes the relevance of anatomy & physiology to your life and future career. The book clarifies concepts, defines key terms, and offers just the right balance of anatomy, physiology, and clinical coverage to make the content complete without being overwhelming. Elaine Marieb wrote this book specifically for the one-semester course and continues to carefully select a range of material that proves just right for the shorter course. New information on hot topics like the HPV Vaccine, Infantile Polycystic Kidney disease, and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) draws students into the material. This package contains: Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology, Tenth Edition
The fourth edition is designed to introduce students pursuing careers in the allied health fields to the structure and function of the human body. Many sections dealing with timely topics, such as immunology and clinical advances, have been updated and the discussions of protein synthesis, muscle contraction, nutrition, and acid-base balance have been expanded. The style and presentation help students grasp the fundamental concepts of human anatomy and the inner workings of the body.
This text introduces students to the structure and function of the human body. Marieb, an R.N. and Ph.D. who teaches at Edison Community College and Holyoke Community College, designed this book for students pursuing careers in the allied health fields but who may have limited previous exposure to the sciences. Sections discuss immunology and clinical advances based on current research, and throughout the book emphasizes career orientation through interviews with working professionals.
This textbook features chapters concentrating on cells, embryology, tissues, bones, joints, muscle tissue, the senses, blood, the heart, blood vessels, and surface anatomy, as well as the various body systems. A brief atlas contains 71 color photographs depicting organs, muscles, and bones. A companion CD-ROM contains interactive tutorials, practice tests, case studies, visual review exercises, and news articles. The authors teach at Holyoke Community College, Washington State University, and the Community College of Rhode Island. Annotation ©2004 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
In this text Marieb (Holyoke Community College) integrates the relationships of body organ systems, homeostasis, and complementarity of structure and function.
A modern exploration of the human, from its interacting organ systems to the cellular and molecular underpinnings of the functions of life.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.