- Table View
- List View
When Kas meets William on a South African game preserve, he is the perfect catch--this safari ranger is gorgeous, brave (he saved the tour from sure death by wild rhino) and kind. Both her handsome gay best friend Max and her beautiful straight best friend Libby are desperate to kiss the man, as is anyone who casts eyes on this stunning creature...but he seems to have eyes only for Kas. The fling is fun, but Kas must return to NY and her job as a lowly assistant to a literary agent. She leaves with the idle offer that William should come visit. But when he loses his job for fraternizing with a guest, the idle offer becomes terrible reality, because William is on his way, and only now does it become apparent how incredibly limited his intellectual capacities are. An aspiring writer who can't actually write, William makes Kevin Federline look like Einstein. His email missives might be mistaken for hieroglyphics--not that he'd know how to pronounce that word, let alone spell it--but they seem to express devotion for Kas, and a hope that she'll help him publish his treatise on the dire political situation in Monaco. Not the book that is destined to set the literary world afire... Once he moves in, it is clear that he has no money and no prospects--all he seems good for is staring intently at a blank computer screen, running up crazy bills on the psychic friends network in the mistaken belief that they really ARE his friends, and generally taking what remaining shreds of sanity Kas has left. In short, Kas is held captive by her dumb new boyfriend, and readers are along for the hilarious ride.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.