- Table View
- List View
When Kas meets William on a South African game preserve, he is the perfect catch--this safari ranger is gorgeous, brave (he saved the tour from sure death by wild rhino) and kind. Both her handsome gay best friend Max and her beautiful straight best friend Libby are desperate to kiss the man, as is anyone who casts eyes on this stunning creature...but he seems to have eyes only for Kas. The fling is fun, but Kas must return to NY and her job as a lowly assistant to a literary agent. She leaves with the idle offer that William should come visit. But when he loses his job for fraternizing with a guest, the idle offer becomes terrible reality, because William is on his way, and only now does it become apparent how incredibly limited his intellectual capacities are. An aspiring writer who can't actually write, William makes Kevin Federline look like Einstein. His email missives might be mistaken for hieroglyphics--not that he'd know how to pronounce that word, let alone spell it--but they seem to express devotion for Kas, and a hope that she'll help him publish his treatise on the dire political situation in Monaco. Not the book that is destined to set the literary world afire... Once he moves in, it is clear that he has no money and no prospects--all he seems good for is staring intently at a blank computer screen, running up crazy bills on the psychic friends network in the mistaken belief that they really ARE his friends, and generally taking what remaining shreds of sanity Kas has left. In short, Kas is held captive by her dumb new boyfriend, and readers are along for the hilarious ride.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.