- Table View
- List View
The Flax Cookbook: Recipes and Strategies for Getting the Most from the Most Powerful Plant on the Planetby Elaine Magee
Flaxseed has been around for centuries, but its pleasant flavor and unsurpassed health benefits have been largely overlooked until now. In The Flax Cookbook, nutritionist Elaine Magee introduces the reader to this extraordinary plant, explains why this rich source of omega-3 fatty acids and soluble fiber is essential to any diet, and shows how easily it can be incorporated into the foods we eat every day. Magee -- a regular contributor to Fitness, Parenting, and Cooking Light magazines -- offers 80 delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes that cover everything from muffins and power bars to entrees, desserts, and smoothies. Complete with sections on the history and properties of flax, the latest scientific findings on its health benefits, and 100 tips to help readers customize their own plan for adding flax to their diet, The Flax Cookbook is perfect for cooks looking to add some extra nutrition to the foods they love.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.