- Table View
- List View
Down and Out in PittsvilleLife was the pits for Rachel Hart. Single and pregnant, at least she'd had the good sense not to marry the no-good father of her child! Things couldn't get worse, she assured herself. And Rachel was the prime suspect....Big-city cop Delaney Parker didn't fancy working undercover in this two-bit town. He liked even less getting involved with beautiful, sexy Rachel-she aroused his feelings as a man, a lover and a substitute daddy. Del was in over his head...he had to remember he was a cop first. But could he really send a pregnant woman to jail?
Down and Out in PittsvilleMen! Divorced TV station owner Kate Hart had had too many run-ins with Mr. Wrong. So when gorgeous, blue-eyed Brody Baker ran into her-on his gleaming black Harley!-Kate was frosty.She was positively icy when the big-city TV outcast showed up at WPIT and smooth-talked his way into a job. Desperate to keep the Hart family station afloat, Kate knew she needed Brody's help.But Kate would be darned if she let Brody smooth-talk his way into her heart...and into her bed. No matter how sexy he was!
Where Are They Now?For Meg Delgado, it's an exciting career as a private investigator specializing in cruise-ship crime. Her latest assignment is to catch a thief-by playing the role of a wealthy socialite aboard the glamorous luxury liner Galileo. She's already got a suspect in mind: a debonair Cary Grant type named Noah Danforth. But if Meg's not who she seems to be, neither is Noah! And they'll both discover that deceptions and disguises lead to danger...and to romance.
Naughty or Nerdy? by Elise TitleHis inner Don Juan is itching to get out...Judd Turner hated college. He'd been a geek, and had been in love with the gorgeous-and taken-Lucy Walker. Things have changed, though. His ten-year reunion is fast approaching, and Judd's now a hot and sexy P.I. But when he has to go from naughty to nerdy to bust Lucy's fiancé for embezzlement, he's not thrilled. It's hard enough keeping his mind on work in this getup without fantasizing about the girl of his dreams. His only hope? Lucy sees past the disguise and falls for the new and improved him!The Husband Hotel by Darlene GardnerThe fix is in!Jay Overman, inventor of the Impeccabra, has a job to do: keep eligible fellas away from hotel manager Tara Patterson. No way was she to get distracted from climbing the corporate ladder. Sounds easy enough, but not for Jay! It turns out that undercover work is not his thing, 'cause the only thing this would-be maintenance man can maintain is a healthy male interest in his sweet 'n sexy boss. And little does Jay know that he'll become Tara's biggest distraction...ever!
A serial killer in San Francisco wines and dines women, seduces them with kinky sex, then kills and tears their hearts out. For his fifth victim he selects a psychiatrist who drew his profile for the police. It was she who christened him Romeo. After she dies, her sister decides to bring the killer to justice by offering herself as bait.
The face in her mirror...It was her face. It had to be. But it looked as unfamiliar as this morning's headlines, as frightening in its strangeness as the bogeyman who'd haunted her childhood dreams.The man in her bed was Nicholas Steele, and it seemed likely that he was her husband.Though his touch was unfamiliar, she was unable to escape his power to stir her passion.She might indeed be Deborah, a woman who had taken her husband's love and twisted it into something foul and frightening. That would be bad enough. Because if she wasn't Deborah, then Nicholas had murdered his wife-and she was in love with a man who had blood on his hands.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.