- Table View
- List View
Auntie Claus is just another eccentric New Yorker--or is she? Young Sophie has often wondered about her unusual great-aunt, Auntie Claus. She lives in penthouse 25C at the Bing Cherry Hotel and is so curioso! After all, Auntie Claus serves Christmas cookies all year long and her tree is always the best-decorated in the city. And then there's her annual "business trip," right around the holidays. This year Sophie is determined to get to the bottom of Auntie Claus's mysterious ways. Put on your mittens and bundle up for an adventure beyond your wildest dreams. Ho, ho, ho!
Angelina Neatolini came from a long line of neat and tidy people. In fact, her great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather invented the garbage can. Her mother ironed her linguini and her father vacuumed the grass. But Angelina liked to roll in the dirt whenever she could.And like most kids, Angelina wanted a pet, but pets are messy and the Neatolini parents did not allow mess in their new house at the end of Ladybug Lane, where they recently moved from the dirty city. Enter a hard-of-hearing and very daffy fairy godmother ladybug--and magic, mess, and mayhem ensued in the house at the end of Ladybug Lane, which became anything but neat. This magical, funny story has messages of tolerance, "it's OK to be different," and unrealistic parental pressure, and it features the spot-on whimsical art of newcomer Valeria Docampo.From the Hardcover edition.
It takes meeting the horse of her dreams for Libby Thump to finally live up to her potential in this chapter book series from New York Times bestselling author and illustrator Elise Primavera.Ten-year-old Libby Thump loves two things: her dog Margaret and horses. She dreams about them, draws them all the time, and more than anything she wants to take lessons and learn to ride like a real horsewoman. But when her mother decides to give the lessons to her older sister instead, Libby is beside herself. Libby's mom says Brittany needs the lessons more, to cure her "boy crazy phase"--and she also wants Libby to be "more girly," like Brittany. But Libby just wants to be herself. With charismatic optimism and determination, Libby hopes she can talk her parents into seeing her perspective. And in the meantime, at least she can visit the stables and see her favorite horse, Princess.... This all-new series featuring text and illustrations from Elise Primavera, of Auntie Claus and Louise the Big Cheese acclaim, will appeal to anyone interested in horses--or who knows the value of having a good friend.
For seven years, bad luck has followed Ivy around like a dog on a leash. Her father disappeared, her mother is a washed-up beauty-pageant winner, and now Viola and her mother have moved into a raqmshackle house on Gumm Street. Ivy's new neighbors-bookish Pru, stuck-up Cat, and wannabe adventurer Franny-are worse than unfriendly. But then a mysterious pair of ruby red slippers turn up, and the four girls are swept away...not to OZ, but to the jaw-droppingly strange lands of SPOZ, and SPUDZ, and OOZE, pursued by the fashionably mad Cha-Cha Staccato, who bears a frightening resemblance to a certain wicked witch.... Ages: 8 -12
Scarlett Starlett and Simon Greensnout were best friends; they were also alligators who lived in a town menaced by a rotten-to-the-core witch. She hated anything sweet and nice and had no use for love.Scarlett longed to be a singer and Simon yearned to travel the world. One day, they stumbled upon a silver dollar that the witch had lost. In exchange for its return to her, the witch granted them their wishes. But be careful what you wish for, because these wishes came with an evil spell attaches. . . .Through some scary twists and turns, Scarlett and Simon managed to find what they were looking for as well as the answer to the question, "Who needs love?"
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.