- Table View
- List View
Written in clear, jargon-free language, this dictionary provides over 4,000 concise, informative entries on all aspects of English law. Considerably revised and expanded for this sixth edition it includes a wealth of new features such as weblinks, feature entries, and a supplement on writing legal essays. Invaluable for students, professionals, and the general reader needing clarification of legal terms.
The fifth edition of this best-selling and trusted dictionary has been fully updated and revised to take account of recent developments in nursing practice and related fields. Updates cover the fields of surgical techniques, paediatrics, gynaecology, nephrology, endocrinology, and ENT, as well as the latest reorganization of the National Health Service. Fully revised, this dictionary provides comprehensive coverage of the ever-expanding vocabulary of the nursing professions. In addition to specifically nursing terms, there are many entries in the fields of medicine, anatomy, physiology, psychiatry, nutrition, and pharmacology (including new drugs recently introduced into medical practice). Over 10,100 clear and concise entries, all written by medical and nursing specialists, cover the theory and practice of nursing. 100 helpful illustrations and 12 appendices covering nutritional requirements, normal values for biochemical and haematological data, standard values for body weight, and much more, make this an invaluable reference tool for all nursing students and professionals.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.