- Table View
- List View
Baron Guy of Montague came to Lonsdale Castle prepared to fight for what was rightfully his...only to find a woman who made him all but forget his purpose. With her angel's face and womanly curves, Lady Claudia Chiavari was enough to tempt a saint to sin. And when she returned his kisses with innocent fire, Guy knew that he was bewitched. But in a matter of hours, everything changed, as he found himself betrayed, betrothed, and imprisoned, with only Claudia to blame...Five lonely years of exile under her uncle's tyrannical rule had taught Italian-born Claudia Chiavari to distrust all Englishmen--until Guy swept into her life. Now, determined to prove to the handsome knight that she had no part in her uncle's schemes, she will risk her life to help him escape. But when she rides with Guy to his magnificent fortress, she will discover a terrible truth: that she herself is a prisoner...and at the mercy of a man whose tumultuous passion could cost her her heart.
At long last, Elizabeth Elliott--the bestselling author of The Warlord and Scoundrel--returns with a medieval romance that will take readers' breath away. Thief, assassin, and master of disguise, Dante Chiavari is the most feared mercenary of England's King Edward. On one last assignment, Dante must play the part of a chivalrous knight to steal Avalene de Forshay from her family and thwart the ruthless Faulke Segrave, who would wed Avalene and use her to spark war between Wales and the crown. Upon seeing the beautiful and innocent young maiden, however, the mercenary suddenly finds himself at the mercy of his own intense desire. When Avalene meets the handsome knight she knows only as Sir Percival, he sweeps her off her feet even as he spirits her away from Coleway Castle. Their escape is wrought with risks and perils, but Avalene will find that the greatest danger lies in losing her heart. And after the truth is revealed, Avalene fears that she may never again be able to trust the dark knight who has come to mean more to her than life itself.
To thine own wish be true. Do not follow the moth to the star.So says the message in an exquisite green bottle. Is it a wish? A warning? A spell to cast over a lover? In these six charming love stories, a mysterious bottle brings a touch of magic to the lives of all who possess it...."Wishful Thinking" by Jane Feather. To be taken seriously as a scientist, the bespectacled Rosie Belmont passes herself off as a man...but her plan backfires when a very attractive fellow scientist arrives for an all-too-lengthy visit."The Blackmoor Devil" by Patricia Coughlin. A legendary rake purchases a spell from a witch...and encounters a love he thought lost forever."The Natural Child" by Sharon and Tom Curtis. When a proper young lady makes a wish she didn't intend, she soon finds herself trapped in a bedroom with London's wickedest womanizer."Bewitched" by Elizabeth Elliott. A headstrong lord knows that he must marry a suitable girl, so why is it that only a spirited and highly unsuitable vixen enthralls him?"Forever" by Patricia Potter. A beautiful smuggler is terrified when a mysterious stranger uncovers her family's darkest secret...only to learn fate has a surprise in store for her."The Unwanted Bride" by Suzanne Robinson. When a dashing earl proposes to a woman he's never seen, he ends up with the wrong bride...and, just maybe, his heart's desire.Six spellbinding stories that are pure magic...from today's most beloved romance authors.From the Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.