- Table View
- List View
Bestselling author, professor, and pundit Mallory Factor illuminates the conservative tradition in American politics with essays from leading figures in the conservative movement.Ambitious in its breadth and depth, Big Tent provides a fresh and surprising treatment of the conservative movement as told by the leaders themselves. In this unique collection, which is based on his star-studded course at The Citadel, conservative leaders explain how the movement developed as a powerful force in American politics, how it functions now with a wide range of viewpoints, and where it is going in the future. The origin of conservative ideas--from their ancient roots to their English origins, from the American Revolution to William F. Buckley, Alexis de Tocqueville to Barry Goldwater, and libertarianism to neo-conservatism--are revealed and examined in this compelling volume.These illuminating essays include Newt Gingrich on the political ideas surrounding the American Revolution Yaron Brook of the Ayn Rand Institute on the emergence of libertarianism Ed Meese on the Reagan Revolution David Keene of the NRA on Buckley-style "fusionism" Phyllis Schlafly on the rise of the religious right Donald Rumsfeld on the Bush administration's "War on Terror" Rand Paul on the future of the conservative movement.Insightful and stimulating, Big Tent is an outstanding survey of the conservative movement from its most significant living figures.
SHADOWBOSSES tells a story of intrigue, drama, and corruption and reads like an organized crime novel. But it is actually a true story of how labor unions are infiltrating our government and corrupting our political process. This compelling and insightful book exposes how unions have organized federal, state, and local government employees without their consent, and how government employee unions are now a threat to our workers' freedoms, our free and fair elections, and even our American way of life. And, Mallory Factor reveals what's coming next: how unions are targeting millions of Americans--maybe even you--for forced unionization so that unions can collect billions more in forced dues and exert an even greater influence over American politics. A chilling expose, SHADOWBOSSES is also a call to citizen action against those who really hold power in America today.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.