- Table View
- List View
A streamlined prep guide for the ACT featuring concise lessons that will boost scores dramatically by teaching students how the questions are asked and the best strategies for getting to the right answer quickly. In Acing the ACT, internationally renowned tutor Elizabeth King delivers a decade's worth of secret insights for unlocking solutions to the trickiest questions on the ACT. She offers her closely guarded personal tips in stress-free, down-to-earth language that's easy to understand and remember. No matter how you read this pocket guide---cover to cover, or skipping around--these strategies will make your score pop, even if you're already a top scorer. Whether you're studying months ahead, or prepping last-minute, Acing the ACT delivers higher scores, fast. From the Trade Paperback edition.
One of the country's top test-prep consultants presents her innovative core strategies for optimal results on the SAT.Outsmarting the SAT is the next best thing to having a private session with Elizabeth King, one of the country's top SAT coaches. Trained by one of the College Board's original SAT prep material authors, Elizabeth takes the SAT annually, consistently achieving an aggregate score in the 99th percentile.King's tried-and-true innovative strategies are proven to help high schoolers boost their SAT scores higher than they thought possible. Designed for students of all levels--from those who simply need to brush up on sentence completion skills to dire cases who need a crash course on algebraic functions or a school year's worth of geometry--King's down-to-earth coaching approach tackles test material in concise, easy-to-follow lessons that prepare any student to master the SAT. Featuring a broad range of practice problems and handwritten, clear solution explanations, Outsmarting the SAT teaches students everything they need to know to do their best on the test. SAT® is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board, which neither sponsors nor endorses this product."Elizabeth's personality jumps right off the page as she helps students score at the top of their potential."-- Judi Robinovitz, president of Score at the Top Learning Centers and contributor to the College Board's original SAT prep material "Elizabeth King brilliantly coaches students to raise their SAT scores 200 to 300 points. I am excited to use her book as part of our tutoring curriculum to ensure the best results."-- Nikki Geula, president of Arete Educational Consulting, Inc. "I just wanted to thank you for all of your help; I got my [SAT] scores back, and I got a 2300!"-- Anonymous student, class of 2008From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.