- Table View
- List View
At first Cindy thought her brother was kidding, then she found out the new boys gymnastics team was no joke. She'd been around boys enough to know what a pain they could be. What good could it possibly do to have them in the same gym?
Don't worry ... Everybody knows Jodi is no chicken--but lately she panics every time she gets on the beam. Why is she so scared all of a sudden? Is it the new trick she's working on--or something else? Jodi can't figure it out. It's driving her crazy--and so is her coach. The more he tells her not to worry, the scarier it gets.
A Dream Come True! Heidi Ferguson is going to compete in the Olympics! Newspapers are full of stories about her spectacular career--her battle with anorexia--and her amazing comeback. Can she handle the pressure of world-class gymnastics competition this time around? Heidi knows she can. She's tougher, and stronger than ever--and she's ready to prove it. Her friends and family will be cheering her on--and the whole world will be watching.
Everyone is playing the new commando game and soon Darlene will be, too...whether she wants to or not.
Life as the class clown may seem like a laugh a minute, but Bobby's situation is no joke: His constant misbehavior is about to send him to the School for Intervention -- two steps from reform school. Bobby's older brother went there. That is, before he got kicked out of school altogether and then kicked out of the house. Their father calls it tough love, but to Bobby it seems more like tough luck. And he knows he could be next. Bobby's got one last chance to prove to his teachers, his parents, and himself that comedy is no joke. His assignment: to put on a school-wide laugh-off. It'll be a stand-up standoff between the teachers and the students -- and may the best comic win. But being the King of Comedy isn't Bobby's only goal. The Great Laugh-Off is also his chance to teach his sarcastic father an important lesson: that jokes can have the power to hurt-and also to heal.
Who's the thief? Ti An can't stand to see her teammates fighting. Ever since their good luck charm disappeared, they've been in an uproar. Everybody's sure they know who's guilty, but nobody has any proof. Ti An thinks they're wrong...and now she has a plan. But can she trap the real culprit before suspicion tears the team apart?
My coach, Patrick Harmon, doesn't like us to have grudge matches. But I knew that Patrick wanted nothing more than for the Pinecones to beat the pants off our archrivals, the Atomic Amazons.
Jodi's mom is getting married and everyone is excited except her. She doesn't like her mom's fiance and she doesn't want his annoying son to be her stepbrother.
When her prolonged antics at practice suddenly hurt her standing on the gymnastics team, Jodi is determined to prove that she can compete with the best of them, but her sudden resolve could alienate other team members.
Darlene and the rest of the Pinecones were terrific kids, but they didn't know anything about the real world of competition. At the level Dimitri was talking about, it's cutthroat. I was afraid.
What's wrong with this picture? The whole team has read about Heidi Ferguson. But when Lauren met her she didn't seem too happy about being a celebrity. And now she's in the hospital--but why? She doesn't seem very sick. Lauren can't figure it out. Heidi Ferguson has everything... She's famous... she's a world-class gymnast. What's wrong with her?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.