Ease little ones into the get-ready-for-bed routine with this warm and cozy bedtime book. Aided by Mom and Dad, a sister and brother enjoy a little snack, relaxing baths, time for brushing teeth, stories, lullabies, back rubs, and hugs. Cheerful, soft illustrations and reassuring text set a tone that helps toddlers feel good about settling down to sleep. (As the narrator explains, "I do my best growing when I'm sleeping. ") In the morning, the children will yawn, stretch, and be a little bit bigger, a little bit stronger, and a little bit smarter--all because of a good night's sleep. Picture descriptions present on picture only pages.
From the book: If you're sick of being picked on, pushed around, threatened, or teased, this book is for you. Author Trevor Romain understands what a pain bullies are. And he knows how you can become Bully-Proof. As you laugh along with Trevor's jokes and cartoons, you'll learn tried-and-true ways to deal with bullies, like: Give them lots of space. If you can smell a bully's breath, you're too close Make friends. Bullies can't stand groups of happy, smiling, friendly people You'll also learn important truths about bullies, like: They love power and control. They are sore losers. Ignoring them won't make them go away. So read this book if you want to get rid of the bullies in your life. (P.S. If you're a bully, this book is for you, too.)
Every parent, caregiver--and toddler--knows the misery that comes with meltdowns and temper tantrums. Through rhythmic text and warm illustrations, this gentle, reassuring book offers toddlers simple tools to release strong feelings, express them, and calm themselves down. Children learn to use their calm-down place--a quiet space where they can cry, ask for a hug, sing to themselves, be rocked in a grown-up's arms, talk about feelings, and breathe: "One, two, three . . . I'm calm as can be. I'm taking care of me. " After a break, toddlers will feel like new--and adults will, too. Picture descriptions are added.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.