- Table View
- List View
"A skin-blistering crime novel, as edgy and black as dried blood on a moonlit night. " - Robert Crais Photographer Cass Neary, introduced in the underground classic Generation Loss, finds herself drawn into the shadowy world of crime in Scandinavia's coldest corners. As this riveting tour-de-force opens, the police already want to talk to Cass about a mysterious death she was involved with previously, but before they can bring her in, Cass accepts a job offer from overseas and hops on a plane. In Helsinki, she authenticates a series of disturbing but stunning images taken by a famous fashion photographer who has cut himself off from the violent Nordic music scene where he first made his reputation. Paid off by her shady employer, she buys a one-way ticket to Reykjavik, in search of a lover from her own dark past. But when the fashion photographer's mutilated corpse is discovered back in Finland, Cass finds herself sucked into a vortex of ancient myth and betrayal, vengeance and serial murder, set against a bone-splintering soundtrack of black metal and the terrifying beauty of the sunless Icelandic wilderness.
Charlotte or "Lit" is a teenager growing up amongst a bohemian community in New York, a small town with strange traditions and secrets. Then Lit's mysterious godfather comes back to town...
Depressed over his son's autism, Brendan Keegan is feeling Scroogey about the holidays until his childhood friend Tony comes to visit and gets Brendan caught up in a Web site about a TV show from their childhood.
Cass Neary made her name in the seventies as a photographer embedded in the burgeoning punk movement in New York City. Her pictures of the musicians and the hangers-on, the infamous, the damned, and the dead, earned her a brief moment of fame. Thirty years later she is adrift, on her way down, and almost out when an old acquaintance sends her on a mercy gig to interview a famously reclusive photographer who lives on an island in Maine. When she arrives Down East, Cass stumbles across a decades-old mystery that is still claiming victims, and she finds one final shot at redemption. Patricia Highsmith meets Patti Smith in this mesmerizing literary thriller.
The story of how young Boba Fett first met the notorious Jabba the Hutt is now told in the fourth novel of this popular series.
Winner of the World Fantasy Award. Madeleine and Rogan are first cousins, best friends, each other's first love. Their intensity and passion for theater sets them apart. It also makes them a little dangerous.
Boba Fett must regain his fortune -- and battle against both other bounty hunters and Jedi foes -- in this action-packed adventure.
An American writer in London gets involved with a mysterious woman who may be connected to a number of artists and musicians of the past who have gone mad.
On his first big assignment for Jabba the Hutt, Boba must confront a new galactic villain -- a sinister force who will play a significant role in the upcoming film "StarWars: Episode III!"
Boba Fett is in danger. He's been captured by his enemies, his life nearly forfeit. His job for Jabba the Hutt is far from done. Things are looking grim... But Boba Fett didn't become the most famous bounty hunter in the galaxy through defeat. Now he must turn the tables and come out on top -- to ensure his infamous future.
Boba Fett blasts into paperback with this spectacular, action-packed story. Boba Fett must regain his fortune -- and battle against both other bounty hunters and Jedi foes -- in this action-packed adventure.
Boba Fett. Jabba the Hutt. The amazing beginning to a legendary partnership. In this book only. In the Classic Star Wars movies, Boba Fett works for the legendary Jabba the Hutt, tracking down bounties (including Han Solo). Fans have never known how this partnership began . . . until now. Young Boba Fett has nowhere to go -- and is being hunted for what he knows about the evil Count Dooku. Before Boba's father died, he left instructions for his son to find Jabba the Hutt. Now Boba tracks Jabba down -- and must pass the ultimate test in order to prove he is truly a bounty hunter for the ages.
The next action-packed installment in the New York Times best-selling Boba Fett series.
The galaxy's most famous and infamous bounty hunter faces his toughest challenge yet! Boba Fett is in danger. He's been captured by his enemies, his life nearly forfeit. His job for Jabba the Hutt is far from done. Things are looking grim. . . . But Boba Fett didn't become the most famous bounty hunter in the galaxy through defeat. Now he must turn the tables and come out on top -- to ensure his infamous future.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.