- Table View
- List View
A step-by-step guide to a positive outlook and a happier life! Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a popular method of therapeutic treatment that involves examining both your thoughts and your actions. Proven to be an effective treatment for anxiety, depression, and eating and mood disorders, CBT helps you change dysfunctional emotions and thinking into positive, mindful, and compassionate behavior--toward yourself and others. The Everything Guide to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is an informed but sensitive beginner's guide to this process, offering guidance on: How CBT works as a treatment program. Transforming negative thoughts into positive actions. CBT and anxiety, depression, and mood disorders. Using CBT to advance professionally. Setting positive, attainable goals. Developing a solid and helpful feedback system. If you've been looking for a way to change your behavior or improve a negative mindset, this book is ideal for you. The Everything Guide to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is the first step in embracing a mindful, healthy outlook on life.
Find your perfect balance! Perfectionism is an admirable quality, right? After all, what's wrong with working hard to reach lofty goals? But sometimes perfectionism can go too far--well beyond pulling extra hours at work to beat a deadline or cleaning the house until it shines. Toxic perfectionism can result in obsessive behavior, damaged self-esteem, depression, and even physical ailments. In The Everything Guide to Coping with Perfectionism, you'll find tips and techniques to help you recognize symptoms of toxic perfectionism and learn how to introduce flexibility and balance into your life. This easy-to-use guide includes information on: The surprising link between perfectionism and procrastination Eating disorders and the role perfectionism plays in their development The relationship between obsessive behavior and anxiety How toxic perfectionism manifests in children In addition, you'll learn that you don't necessarily need to "fix" perfectionism--you can mold perfectionist behavior into healthy habits and harness your high ambitions to create achievable and positive goals.
The toddler years are a wondrous time of exploration and independence. A time when your little one begins to stretch his wings and test his boundaries. If you're prepared, you can enjoy the toddler years with ease and confidence. All you need is a little direction to change these often trying years into terrific memories. Filled with practical advice and sound strategies, this guide tells you how to: Prepare great meals your toddler will actually sit still for and eat Handle tantrums Toddler-proof a home Get your toddler on a regular sleep schedule Cultivate good manners You'll also get tips on handling technology and toddlers, a slew of activities to build brainpower, and recipes that help keep toddlers performing at their best. You no longer have to worry about the toddler years--with this helpful guide, you can have a happy, well-adjusted, and terrific toddler!
From infants to teens-your complete guide to kind but firm parenting
Set boundaries and eliminate power struggles#151;without conflict! "I won't go!" "I don't care!" "You can't make me!" Every parent hears these words at one time or another, but if you have a strong-willed child, the arguments can seem never-ending. Fortunately, there's hope. The Everything Parent's Guide to the Strong-Willed Child, 2nd Edition can help you put a stop to the endless cycle of battles with your child and rebuild a relationship based on love and respect#151;rather than conflict. This essential guide shows you how to trade in exhausting and ineffective punishment for techniques that can help you: Identify the triggers of combative behaviors Understand strong-willed and spirited motivations Give your child tools to develop self-control Learn how your reaction can lessen#151;or intensify#151;strong-willed behaviors Communicate more effectively with your child Strengthen the family bond and create a safe environment Featuring a positive approach to discipline and including new ways to compromise and communicate with children, this all-in-one guide has everything you need to raise capable, happy, and agreeable kids!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.