- Table View
- List View
Written specifically for the fully-independent young reader, this lively novelization tells the full story of the film--from Ginger's capture by Farmer Tweedy, to Rocky's dramatic arrival at the farm, to the chickens' heroic escape from the clutches of Mrs. Tweedy and her Pie Machine. Chock full of humor, adventure, and chicken romance, this action-packed novel brings CHICKEN RUN to life.
This full-length retelling brings Buddy's adventures in New York City to life. Follow Buddy, his father Walter, and even Santa Claus, as Buddy injects the spirit of Christmas back into his father and everyone he comes in contact with. Buddy shows them what's important in life through a series of actions and mishaps. And in the end, Buddy actually saves Christmas!
Meet Hitty. She may be just a doll, but she has lived in many places and seen incredible things. Here is one of her adventures, as told by Hitty herself! Hitty travels to Italy in style with a spoiled little rich girl, but soon falls into the hands of Fiorella Rossi, a kind girl whose poor family longs to reach America. Will the Rossis survive of their difficult journey?
The magnificent starship rumbled through the vastness of space, its enormous hull starkly lit by an alien sun. The letters emblazoned on the side read NSEA PROTECTOR. As the ship hurtled through the emptiness, it shuddered slightly. Inside the Protector's instrument-filled cabin, the crew exchanged relieved smiles.
While Lisa is keeping a chimp at her house, she discovers that he knows sign language and she and her friends hope to find a way to keep him from being taken to live at the zoo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner. A peanut farmer and an obscure governor from the state of Georgia, Jimmy Carter was close to unknown until he ran for United States president in 1976. But throughout his presidency and in the years since he has left the White House, Jimmy Carter has worked so hard for peace -- even winning the Nobel Peace Prize -- that no on will ever ask, "Jimmy who?" again. Jimmy Carter is the world's peacemaker. He promotes human rights, social and economic justice, and works tirelessly with Habitat for Humanity to build housing for the poor and with the Carter Center to end hunger and wipe out diseases. This biography will reveal the man behind the name, and just how Jimmy Carter made the journey from a peanut farm in a tiny Georgia town to winning the Nobel Peace Prize.
Admiring Ms. Hanson's adorable new kitten, Sebastian, Eliza, Lisa, Abby, and Molly are horrified when Sebastian is nearly poisoned and wonder if the cantankerous, cat-hating Mrs. Gresham is responsible.
Living Well Beyond Breast Cancer: A Survivor's Guide for When Treatment Ends and the Rest of Your Life Beginsby Marisa C. Weiss Ellen Weiss
This fully revised and updated edition of "Living Beyond Breast Cancer," fromone of the country's leading breast cancer activists and experts, contains animpressive depth and breadth of essential information.
The first time I saw Belle was the day of the Animal Rescue Squad's Christmas shopping expedition. Eliza Spain, Lisa Ho, Abby Good¬man, and I, Molly Penrose--we're the Animal Rescue Squad--were on our way to Mr. Slattery's store. Slattery's is jam-packed with nice little things like candles and pottery and potpourri. I needed to get presents for my mother and my sister, and I wanted to scout out things for Eliza, Lisa, and Abby as well. Then we saw a dog.
Filled with humor, action, adventure--and all the gross-out fun of the film--the novel contains a complete retelling of this offbeat anti-fairy tale.
Pepper and Jake love herding sheep in the little valley where they live. But there's a problem-- a big problem. Urk, a giant who lives on a nearby mountain, is big and stinky and doesn't care that dumping dirty laundry water in the nearby stream causes a flood down below every single week. So Pepper and Jake hike to Urk's mountaintop lair to confront him. But there's no reasoning with a giant, especially one who gives cryptic puzzles to solve. If the kids can solve it, Urk will move away. If not, Pepper and Jake (and their sheep) will be the featured ingredients in Urk's next bowl of smelly soup!
Straight from the silver screen comes the story of the Polar Express. On Christmas Eve, a young boy joins some other children on a magical train ride to the North Pole.
Based on the action-adventure movie, this novel takes readers on a thrilling journey.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.