- Table View
- List View
She was the thread that wove their tapestry together. With a group of women as diverse as the ladies from Brightwood Trace, you might not think them to be close. There's Julianne, a nurse with an unsettling psychic ability that allows her to literally feel what her patients feel, Andrea, a strong fortress sheltering a faltering core, Ginger, a mother torn between being a stay-at-home mom or following her career aspirations, and Iona, the oldest, whose feisty, no-nonsense attitude disarms even toughest of the tough. Not exactly the ingredients for the most cohesive cocktail . . . Until you add Paisely, the liveliest and friendliest of the clan, who breathed life into them all. But when their glowing leader falls ill with cancer, it's up to these women to do what Paisely has done for them since the beginning: lift her up. Overcoming and accepting the inevitability of loss, the women draw closer than ever; finding together the strength to embrace and cherish their lives with acceptance, gratitude and most importantly, love. Finally living with the vigor that Paisely has shown them from the start, they are able to see their lives in a new light, while learning to say goodbye to the brightest star they've ever known. Over the course of just three months, these four women will undergo a magnificent transformation that leaves nobody unchanged.
When Veronica married Guy, she didn't know it would mean more than twenty years of constant change, a new home every year in a different coastal town. Finally, she'd had enough, and fled with her teenage daughter to Whisper Mountain, to the home of her oldest friend. What she found there was a new life, a shifting from sea tides to hidden mountain springs, which renewed her, but also tested the courage of all three women.
The heartwarming story of a family where Dad is Christian and Mom is Jewish. During the December holidays, their son becomes seriously ill and their faith is tested.
Living with her newly widowed sister was driving BJ Franklin insane. She had to find Iris a husband...fast! So she starts the Over 50's Singles Night. But when only a few elderly ladies and a gay man attend the first meeting, she decides to fix her sister up with their neighbor Harvey. Except...Harvey has decided BJ is more his taste.Could BJ really start dating again? And is she ready to start a relationship with the man next door? Hey, borrowing a cup of sugar is one thing, but a husband's another!
The First Kiss Reminded Her of Raspberry Sherbet...And no man's kiss has since matched that wonderful, summery essence in all its glory. LilyRose knows her rare ability to "see" sounds and "taste" shapes-synesthesia-is a gift that defines who she is...but it's also made her an object of ridicule.And made her an outcast. That is, until a mean-spirited customer mocks a young girl-and kindred spirit-she's befriended. Years of repression suddenly give way when LilyRose hurls a basket at that customer. And finds herself being escorted from her shop in handcuffs!For decades LilyRose has searched for that special man who could teach her to embrace her uniqueness. She just didn't expect to find him waiting to pick her up from jail....
The residents of Riggs Park nicknamed her Penny, since her hair was the red of a bright copper coin...We'd all grown up in the flourishing Washington, D.C., suburb--Marilyn, me, Steve, Penny and Wish... the boy I'd loved. It was during the baby-boom years, when the future was luminous. But things don't always turn out as expected. Riggs Park had secrets, and Penny was one of them.Sometimes there's a chance to go back and right a wrong. Marilyn is convinced Penny had had a baby, and that the child belonged to her family. My lifelong friend can't follow up--she's fighting cancer. Only I can search for answers. But would finding truth break my heart...or set us all free?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.